Sym X show @ Trocadero in Phila. Pa

Bob Albright

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2011
York, Pa.
Went to see Sym X for the first time last night and they did an awesome show(although I thought that the "mix" did not have the harmony vocals loud enough)--winding up with Odyssey as an encore. I love this band--such talent. Romeo blazes on the guitar. I have to say also that I find it hard to believe that they can't find better bands to tour with. IMAO I found Stygian, Blackguard, and Powerglove to be nothing but noise. And what the hell is up with Metal Pokemon music(Powerglove) anyhow?? They played several tracks from the upcoming CD as well. Hope all you guys who have tickets to see them soon enjoy them as much as I. Cheers

Went to see Sym X for the first time last night and they did an awesome show(although I thought that the "mix" did not have the harmony vocals loud enough)--winding up with Odyssey as an encore. I love this band--such talent. Romeo blazes on the guitar. I have to say also that I find it hard to believe that they can't find better bands to tour with. IMAO I found Stygian, Blackguard, and Powerglove to be nothing but noise. And what the hell is up with Metal Pokemon music(Powerglove) anyhow?? They played several tracks from the upcoming CD as well. Hope all you guys who have tickets to see them soon enjoy them as much as I. Cheers

I saw them in Detroit and they were way awesome. It was cool to see them walking around the venue too, lol, prior to the show. They only had two openers as the other bands canceled. Too bad, I wanted to hear Nevermore. Powerglove wasnt the band I thought they were going to be, which was a good thing. It was interesting as they were instrumental but certainly interacted with the crowd a good bit. They seemed to be chiefly video game metal, but very good. I see your point about Pokeman music though. The other band, Blackguard, was too cookie monster for me. Symphony X was brilliant. I will certainly see them again.

Also, I think I could get better tones out of my POD than some of those bands.

I saw them last night in Chicago and it was pretty cool. Same set they've been doing, but I know they didn't have a lot of time to rehearse before the tour. There was a funny moment before Dehumanized when Russ said "This next one features Michael Romeo on guitar. Well, I guess they all kinda feature Michael Romeo on guitar..." Good show, decent sound, and very entertaining. I look forward to seeing them on their upcoming Iconoclast tour.

Powerglove was hilarious, and definitely not what I expected. When the drummer walked out on stage with flagpoles on his back and skulls attached to the top of them, I knew we were in for a treat. Then they started busting out Megaman and Mortal Kombat tunes and everyone (including me) was loving it! I think it's cool that Symphony X is touring with a band that has such a ridiculous sense of humor. That Blackguard band was terrible, though - the vocalist didn't even sing once. Whoever put them on the same bill as Symphony X should be fired. Strangely, though, the crowd seemed to love it. Lame. I guess their music was decent, but there was too much going on in the mix.

I have to say that I was surprised that there was no moshing during Symphony X. At least, I didn't see any. Hopefully this continues in the future! Mosh to that Blackguard shit.