Symbol of Salvation!

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
Holy shit guys!!! I have been listening to this album almost non stop for the last week, and I have to say this is one of the GREATEST albums of all time....and I mean in any genre.

The songwriting is exceptional. The lyrics are great and full of depth, and the production is excellent. This is by far Bushs' greatest accomplishment with the Mighty Saint. I can't think of a single album, from that time frame (early 90's) that is anywhere near this one. I think if this would have gotten some press, this could have been huge.

My friend has had a theory about the Saint's lack of success. He thinks there name did them in, to an extent. He figures it sounds too goody, not evil enough, to catch someone's eye. To be honest, I think he may have something there!

Naturally I am stoked for the reissue of this album, which is due sometime this spring.

I know this is not an Anthrax thread, but since it concerns Bush....well.....

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of this album.

P.S. Ever notice the similarity (IMO) between the production of SOS & SOWN---seeing as both were Dave Jerden records!!
:puke:

When I first heard that Bush was gonna be the new Anthrax singer I immidiately went out and bought this album. I was blown away, great album all the way through. I thought John would be a good fit in Anthrax too, and I was right.

Hmmm....I got given this album on vynil a couple of years ago and I can't say that I was blown away.The first song was cool but After that I lost interest and put on the Morbid Angel stuff that was in amonst the diamond head and Steve Vai records :headbang:

Beermonster........not only is everything in between awesome, but how can you not love "Spineless" or "Tainted Past" which are at the end of the album. Man, that shit is just golden. Gonzo, kicks ass on this album. He doesn't have the chops that Charlie has, but he puts in exactly what the songs call for.........

All songs rule on this album!!

I have to admit "Tainted Past" is probably my fave. It is like The Who, but cranked up to 11....

I can't believe someone cannot like this album. I promoted this album to everone I knew, when it came out, and everyone, and I mean everyone loved this record.

Some people can't be reached, however!