Symphonic Dark Power Metal -How's this mix sounding?

Cheers dude. I've since actually changed the snare verb to a brass plate and fits SO much better. I've also subdued the guitars and made them less abrasive. Will update soon. For now, I'm going to bed.. Off for tour this weekend woo hoo

Ok.. AGAIN, I manage to fuck it up come vocal time.. Now.. these vocals aren't shining examples of vocal prowess to begin with. The male vocals while having a nice tone (like a less English Dickinson in tone IMO) is always delivered out of tune so even when I've tuned them up a bit they still sound wrong... :S

Regardless.. I'm just not happy with how they sound IN THE MIX... I hate vocals! Any tips guys? This is really pissing me off

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/TBWOM - Vox.mp3

the female vocals are great,

the males maybe try -5,
Chorus,
heaps of delay,
cubase Vari Audio maybe another tool that could help,
or re-record

all except the last option are masking the issue, nice tune though

Cheers dude!
Chorus and Delay helped a lot and some eq too.
It's edited quite heavily, but I went further with it.. I'm going to have to wrap my head around being ok with going POP with it :p

They actually attempted a re record on their own, but it came out much worse than what was tracked with me! So Vari-audio and masking is the go here :p

@Skyweaver - Cheers dude, appreciated mate, PM sent ;)

@Wishx - It's a few different samples I've collected and 2 Slates. I hear you on the not exciting bit, but I think I'm a little unsure of how to go about changing that currently. I think it needs a ballsier sample to make it, as you said more exciting, less just THERE in the mix! Suggestion?

Sounds good man! About the snare I'd go for more attack and maybe turn it up a lil bit.. Great song and great mixing job tho!!!

Cheers dude. I'm going to work on that a bit more because it's irking me too :p otherwise I think I'm nearly happy with the mix :)

@Skyweaver - Cheers dude, appreciated mate, PM sent ;)

@Wishx - It's a few different samples I've collected and 2 Slates. I hear you on the not exciting bit, but I think I'm a little unsure of how to go about changing that currently. I think it needs a ballsier sample to make it, as you said more exciting, less just THERE in the mix! Suggestion?

Well I can't say for sure what and how if the mix is not present, yet I can suggest another parrarel comp only for the snare, then eq your compressed channel, It works as an exciter. cheers~;)