Symphonic Metal?

:lol: My bad. Its just what they are officially catgorized as.

But that stuff is good too, syphonic black is one of my fav genres. I only listen to a few regular black m. bands

CAIRATH said:
Apocalyptica has some fun tracks but there really isn't much 'symphonic' about them. They are just a metal band who play cellos as if they were guitars (atleast based on the little I've heard by them).

bear in mind in metal "symphonic" simply means "involves classical instruments or keyboard presets designed to imitate such"

Man this is a tough thread because everyone has their own interpretation if symphonic. The first album I thought of when I saw that word was Ayreon's "Into the Electric Castle".

Satanstoenail said:
Just the name 'Symphonic Metal' is enough to make me gag.
Why?

Worth noting are also:

Waltari's album Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! - Death metal symphony in deep C
Hollenthon
Dark Mirror Ov Tragedy
Pain Of Salvation's album Be
Samsas Traum (Some of their (his) material is quite symphonic, like their latest album. They are sometimes metal, sometimes other stuff)
Janus (some metal influenced material)
Angizia (not really metal, but they use black metal vocals on their early material)

Jrgen said:
Why?

Worth noting are also:

Waltari's album Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! - Death metal symphony in deep C
Hollenthon
Dark Mirror Ov Tragedy
Pain Of Salvation's album Be
Samsas Traum (Some of their (his) material is quite symphonic, like their latest album. They are sometimes metal, sometimes other stuff)
Janus (some metal influenced material)
Angizia (not really metal, but they use black metal vocals on their early material)

thankee!

:kickass:

When I hear symphonic metal I think of Therion, Epica and After Forever.
Metal bands with classical elements in them.