Symphony X coming to Milwaukee!!!!!

dreamingneonblack

All about the METAL
Nov 30, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Unreal, I just looked up the Rave club to see what's new and noticed that the boys are coming in November...How cool is that?

I have never seen them so I am all over this like flies on a rib roast.

Didn't even know they were going to be touring again!!:Spin:

dreamingneonblack said:
Unreal, I just looked up the Rave club to see what's new and noticed that the boys are coming in November...How cool is that?

I have never seen them so I am all over this like flies on a rib roast.

Didn't even know they were going to be touring again!!:Spin:

Well, it would be a hell of a lot cooler if it was confirmed. Dont get your hopes up until you get a confirmation from the band. They love knowing the dates of where they are supposed to be playing before they agree to it.

Glenn

dreamingneonblack said:
Glenn- don't bum me out...I have waited so long to see them.

Here is the link www.therave.com

I hope it is true!!!

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but the band hasn't acknowledged it happening. Also this little disclaimer from the Rave's website

"all shows are subject to change without notice."

I see that ticketmaster has it listed on their site as well, but until the band says that it's going to happen, then I'll believe it.

Glenn

Who is the bands management then that would go ahead and set up dates without getting their approval?

Obviously the Rave wouldn't pull this one out of the sky. Somebody must have ok'd these things, right?

Anyway of asking the band if they are aware of this yet?

Man I hope it happens!!

Yngvai X said:
I heard SyX was announced for Progpower IV and Romeo wasn't even aware of it at the time. Shit happens man, venues like to announce names ahead of time just to get people to buy tickets.

I understand that, but this has to come from somewhere. A club just doesn't say "Were going to book so and so on this date" and throw it up for sale. It doesn't work that way. At least the Rave hasn't made it a practice anyways....maybe some clubs are that lame, but SX have never played here..at least as a headliner..to the best of my knowledge so I don't see them as being a band that the Rave would just make up and put tix on sale already....too much of a hassle incase it gets canceled.

just my .02:D

dreamingneonblack said:
Who is the bands management then that would go ahead and set up dates without getting their approval?

Management??? The band is currently self managed. Booking agents however are the people who set up gigs. You can tell a booking agent to see what hey find for a certain time frame for shows, but you still have to agree to doing them once the info comes back.

dreamingneonblack said:
Obviously the Rave wouldn't pull this one out of the sky. Somebody must have ok'd these things, right?

That would be logical, but in the business of clubs this logic does not always apply. I've seen it happen more times than I would like with Jaxx in Northern, Virginia.

dreamingneonblack said:
Anyway of asking the band if they are aware of this yet?

Man I hope it happens!!

Hopefully we'll have an answer here soon.

Glenn

The Metal Chick said:
Oh man, the RAVE??? I have seen so many cool bands up there despite the fact it is in the worst part of Milwaukee, a.k.a Night of the Living Dead lol. But if this is for real, I am so there.

Actually- that is not the worst part of Milwaukee. I agree about the Night of the Living Dead type people that wonder around that area, but it is actually not near the core.

We are getting a HOB so hopefully someday soon bands such as SX will play there instead. At least I am hoping for that..the Rave sound sux but I won't complain if I get to see SX!!!!!

I think the Aragon in Chicago is much worse.

Yeah the Rave sound is crap, and it will probably be worse for SymX since they're scheduled to play the Eagle's club, the smaller stage. HOB is an awesome place, but SymX can't even play the one in Chicago. They have to play at shitholes like Rockhouse USA...they deserve better. As for the Aragon, I think I've been there, I just don't remember it.