Symphony X in Australia?

SilentRealm

Apr 1, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Hi i just wanted to say that I have been waiting anxiously for the new site to arrive for quite a while and I am so glad its finally here. I am shamed to admit I only just discovered Symphony X recently, but became an avid fan immediately. I want to know, does Symphony X have plans on touring Australia some day? I would love to see them in concert.

:wave:
Welcome to the boards! Right now Symphony X is on their European tour, then plan to re-do their debut album, then headline the states again (I think). Anyway, its not up to the band where they tour, but I'm sure they want to tour as many places as possible. Just be patient :) Anyway, what other bands do you like?

I love Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Sabbath to name a few..and if I don't get to see Sym X here then I will hopefully check them out when I go stateside for a while hopefully next year. Always wondered if they were south or north jersey boys..not that it matters, but I'm curious.

Another SyX fan from downunder.

I wouldn't get your hopes up concidering we can't get DT, or even Iron Maiden.... But then again, we are getting Opeth, and have had, Slayer, Devin Townsend, etc.

I've learned not to get my hopes up.

COOL Some felow Ausies's

I live in the Gold Coast.

We have also had Planet X and some really good jazz/fusion stuff here. We are going to get Tible Tech and the Chick Correa/ Frank Gambale/ Dave Weckle/ John Pattitucci band this year.

And I might get to meet to meet them all!! Coz my guitar teacher playes in the support act.

Nice to meet you all. What bands do you listen to?
I'm slow but I only heard Evanescence for the first time a few days ago, but I must say..that chicks voice even gets me hot, she is very good. So when I finish buying the SymX albums I want, that will be next in line.

Sounds like you are new to prog judging from the other bands you listen.
Is that true?

Well mabey get some Dream Theater. If your new to prog - they are the best band to show you what it is. I suggest getting their "Awake" or "Images and Words" albums to start with.