SYMPHONY X drummer Jason Rullo recovering from heart failure

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SYMPHONY X' Jason Rullo -"I Am Doing My Best To Recover And All The Positive Vibes Sure Help"

As previously reported, in February SYMPHONY X drummer Jason Rullo was admitted to the hospital for heart failure. Following a week of medical care, Jason was recently released. His rehabilitation and recovery will take a minimum of three to six months under doctor supervision.

p17keudu2uoqe1brr2qo1gsi1fhk4.jpg

In response to the outpouring of support he's received Jason Rullo issued the following brief statement: “I can't thank everybody enough for your support in this time. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who have written in on our various media outlets. I can feel the love and again can't tell you how much it means to me. I am doing my best to recover and all the positive vibes sure help!"

Fans are encouraged to visit Symphony X’ Facebook page to send Jason their well wishes.

40 is too young to be dealing with heart problems! My best wishes go out to Jason.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

How can a guy who does the equivalent of a 5K run EVERY SHOW have health problems like this???

We are fragile, weak creatures on this huge deadly planet. Man......

In all likelihood (and I am by no means a doctor or claim to know a ton about this stuff) it's genetics, but what I do know, is that it's a misconception that being in a band is a healthy lifestyle. It's actually, sadly, an extremely unhealthy life because food choices get scarce, and the only activity done throughout the entire day is the actual show, which isn't much. You don't burn nearly as much calories in a seated position as you do in an upright position. Look at Gene Hoglan. ;)

Kidding aside though, it's a really tough life for anyone in a band given those circumstances, and finding the time to get in shape, while even more tough, should really be a priority. Especially when health insurance is such a difficult thing to come by if you are a musician.

And of course, wishing for a speedy recovery as well!