Symphony X live chat today

Ok, honestly the live chat was horrible. Very low sound, confusion about where you could ask questions, confusion if there was any interaction between the band and the audience at all and not really interesting answers.

V is pronounced as five by the way. That was the most interesting thing I heard during the last 45 minutes.

I couldn't even log onto the chat. And most of the questions asked have already been asked and answered a couple of hundred times. Don't these people read/watch the interviews? They must be bored to death answering them. It was cool that they talked about Farsim though, the guy's in heaven! He's becoming quite the celbrity himself :lol: However, only about 115 people tuned in and it was announced twice on the SymX Facebook page where they have over 100 000 followers...strange...

I knew they didn't really like to label themselves as prog, but it is first now I'm completely convinced they will never go back to the old style :( Also, I have a feeling Pinnella will be quitting soon. No attempt to start a rumour, just a feeling I have...and I hope I'm wrong.

Once I dreamed of watching them live..that dream came true the way that I never expected!! full of surprises...and now the unexpected surprise again that I never even thought of..I got mentioned in Symphony X interview!!! Still cant digest the whole thing...too hard for me ..hehe..I am so thankful to Them that they remembered me!! ...I enjoyed the whole interview ...Thank You Symphony X..I will keep serving You forever :)

Pinnella and Russ have both been under the weather a bit since SF, that's all. The questions were actually chosen from the ones that fans sent in when I requested new questions for the updated FAQ on the upcoming new site; the ones that didn't get chosen were the really bad ones.

Vitametal!

Why did Pinnella say he used same old shit? Didn't he have some new gear in the recent live pictures or did he use that V-Synth GT already on PL? Would be great to know what kind of gear he uses, exactly. Like, what is he controlling with that midi keyboard and is he possibly using some software synths too. What kind of pedals etc.

^ I saw that m-audio midi controller being quickly tested before the show. It's used to control the orchestral choir samples (the same ones used by Romeo in the studio, more precisely this library. Here is a raw demonstration of how it sounds). That I'm sure of.

Does he use it to control another library? I don't know. But whatever he uses it for, it's most probably stuff that you can't really reproduce with the usual keyboard presets. Just like the orchestral choir library I mentioned, it comes with a word builder. You can actually type whatever word, let's say "Ave", and then hit and hold whatever key (or chord) and the choir will sing (in that note/chord) "Aaaaaaah", and then when you follow with another key (or chord) it will go "Veh". So that sequence played a bit fast would give "Ave" sung by the choir in whatever notes you played. So the way it works is he has the lyrics pre-written in the program, and then all he has to do is hit the right chords at the right times during the songs and it will be as if the band has a live choir singing specific words at will.

Pinnella and Russ have both been under the weather a bit since SF, that's all. The questions were actually chosen from the ones that fans sent in when I requested new questions for the updated FAQ on the upcoming new site; the ones that didn't get chosen were the really bad ones.

I'm curious about this... If there really was no point to the "chat" part of the live chat, why not record them answering the questions whenever and just post that on facebook and here? Everyone who tuned in thought they would get to ask them questions directly, since it was a chat. Therefore, I got really confused as to the point of it all. Did I totally miss it..?

I'm curious about this... If there really was no point to the "chat" part of the live chat, why not record them answering the questions whenever and just post that on facebook and here? Everyone who tuned in thought they would get to ask them questions directly, since it was a chat. Therefore, I got really confused as to the point of it all. Did I totally miss it..?

There's a method to the madness behind everything that's done with the band these days; Nuclear Blast has been promoting bands far longer than I have, so I don't question their methods. As far as this went, the guys chose to pick the questions ahead of time so they'd be prepared since the video was going to be live (thereby avoiding any nonsense should there be silly crap brought up, or questions they'd prefer not to address at the time), so calling it a 'chat' was something of a misnomer. I'm sure there are reasons for the label choosing to do it live rather than just record it, I'm just not privy to those reasons.

Okidoki! Thanks for answering :)

Btw: I saw a pic of you - you made it sound like you were much older than Russell - NO WAY you are! :Spin:

- Question: How has your new gear influenced your sound on Iconoclast?
- Russell: Well, my braclet man. Makes me sing a lot tougher ...

Haha, cudos.

^ :lol:

Seriously though he must've never looked at the album's lyrics (fail) to think it's pronounced V instead of Five. :)

If V is pronounced "Five" as in Latin,

Then is this band Symphony TEN? :lol:
I think some people have considered that, thinking the band's name was a reference to the nonexistent tenth symphony by Beethoven.

And what's with this smiley? I opened up the posting screen and it scared the shit out of me!
:fu:
:err: