Symphony X needs to give credit to composers when they copy their music (mozart etc)!

The_Accolade : if yngvai told u it was public domain why did start this thread? symphony x doesnt have to give credit for small sections, the songs would kick ass without them

and u say u will abandon any riff that has been used before? well let me tell u my friend, every riff on the guitar (with all possible rhythims)WAS used before so i guess u wont be making any music anymore huh?ur so full of shit... and pride too!

The_Accolade said:
yikes! i can tell i am hitting a sensitive nerve here on the SX board

it really pisses me off though because I write songs and i would really like to get credit if people ever use my ideas. and it also pisses me off because whenever i discover that one of my riffs has been done before i abandon it completely. even after seeing that everyone approves of it on this thread, i will still abandon those riffs cause of my own pride. public domain or no...

i think its whack that everybody is such a smart ass to me just because i am putting a controversial topic in the open

the only person who didn't talk to me like i was an ignorant fool trying to make trouble was on another thread they said:

he basically said the same thing as everyone here but a lot more believable there was no impatience in his tone, nor was it crammed to the brim full of Blind Devotion

i mean...i don't see what the problem is if its been discussed before

i recommend getting high to all of you...you would be a more likeable person
Maybe YOU should drop the attitude a little bit before making idiotic assumptions. It's not because this is a ''controversial'' topic or because this has been discussed before that we are acting like this, it's because every single day that we come here (at least I know I do) someone is bitching about the same bullshit (here on the SyX board and on the DT board). You really think that Romeo decided ''eh, what song am I going to steal now''? I think not. If you really want to know why he doesn't give credits most of the time why don't you ask him? it's your best bet if you ask me.

just my 2 cents.

I don't understand why you think everyone's giving you an attitude, your flipping out for no reason! Do you make this big a deal everytime somebody disagrees with you? Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are angry with you...

Holy shit :ill: nevermind man, you didn't quote his message and I thought it was directed to me. Sorry, i'm going to delete that shit :D

>whenever i discover that one of my riffs has been done before i abandon it completely. even after seeing that everyone approves of it on this thread, i will still abandon those riffs cause of my own pride.<

Then your pride will be your undoing. As has been said, every riff has been done before. Every story has been written before. Even if you do nothing, that's been done before too. Pride appears to be your problem. The greatest artists are great because they're not too proud to be "helped" by the other greats. They're humble enough to know that they aren't ever going to be completely original.

> just because i am putting a controversial topic in the open<

I thought that I had made it pretty clear that it's not a controversial topic. What you're protesting against is just the nature of things. You won't ever find any type of art that doesn't do a lot of heavy borrowing, and it is not normal to cite things, unless they are taken essentially as a whole.

>the only person who didn't talk to me like i was an ignorant fool trying to make trouble<

I don't think that you are an ignorant fool, nor do I think that you're trying to make trouble. I just wish that you would be a bit more open to the possibility that you are completely mistaken, and listen a bit to others who have more experience and knowledge about certain things.

>i recommend getting high to all of you...you would be a more likeable person<

Maybe the reason that we can see very clearly that what you are protesting isn't a problem at all is because we are lucid.

Friend of Moloch said:
That's Royo, eh? Hmm... yeah, the colors are definitely Royo but I couldn't tell at first without the rest of the picture. Nice choice, by the way.

Actually the coloring is Photoshop. :)

Here's the original:
clickedy-click to make it big.

I have an rpg Numorean Half-Elf Ranger character, and this is how I picture her.

Oh yes, my geek is strong. :oops:

The_Accolade said:
i mean...i don't see what the problem is if its been discussed before

i recommend getting high to all of you...you would be a more likeable person

See rule #4 in the Forum Rules Thread, which you should have read before posting.

I recommend you take your own advice and/or find yourself a new supplier - I think you're getting some rank shit. :zombie:

Jessie Bannon said:
Actually the coloring is Photoshop. :)

Here's the original:
clickedy-click to make it big.

I have an rpg Numorean Half-Elf Ranger character, and this is how I picture her.

Oh yes, my geek is strong. :oops:

That is so cool! Who is it by? Website or something?

ok
well an apology first of all
but i just really had wished that more people would have talked to me without making me feel so small...
i eventually understood the public domain thing but its not like i came on here versed on copyright law and every topic that has been posted here in the past

my music is original too...i have no doubt
if it doesnt hit a chord of my soul that can't be expressed in any other way...a feeling that is so intensely mine, i don't bother to play it
you might say that is impossible...
but there was a guy who made something called the "ballet de mechanique". i forgot his name. but it was in the 1930's and he completely threw the theory books out the window. it was amazing :)

I recommend you take your own advice and/or find yourself a new supplier - I think you're getting some rank shit.

nah...my supplier is the man..he gives me massive piles of utter dankness...and never anything else

Get back to us when you get your shit published. When your a bonafide artist, leader of your very own successfull touring underground progressive metal band, and humble. Keep it up with that utter darkness for long, and your original riffs will start to sound like Kid Rock and Beastie boy recycles.

The_Accolade said:
i think its whack that everybody is such a smart ass to me just because i am putting a controversial topic in the open

I think the reason people got upset was because of all the attitude and negative energy you were spreading. It's not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.