Do you think Symphony X listens to their own music?

Do you think Symphony X listen to their own music?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Yain

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel.
Hi everyone. THis is something I always forgot to talk about and Ive been curious about this for a very long time. I know it sounds strange but its also very interesting me

Do you think that Symphony X, listen to themselves(Their own music)? Does bands in general do that as well?

Well , let me know

Sorta, MJR likes these songs:

Iconoclast (album)
Serpents Kiss
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows
Smoke and Mirrors
The ocaasional Through the Looking Glass and Sea of Lies.

He dislikes all of the Damnation Game and Symphony X, and 95% of Twilight, V, Divine, and The Odyssey.

Sorta, MJR likes these songs:

Iconoclast (album)
Serpents Kiss
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows
Smoke and Mirrors
The ocaasional Through the Looking Glass and Sea of Lies.

He dislikes all of the Damnation Game and Symphony X, and 95% of Twilight, V, Divine, and The Odyssey.
Wow. Very interesting to hear that....I wonder if its true. Well, that depends where you've got that information from of course

Wow. Very interesting to hear that....I wonder if its true. Well, that depends where you've got that information from of course

It's a joke. I say this because if you saw them live fifty times, what I just gave you would be the set list for those fifty live shows. Symphony X will NOT deviate from those twelve or so songs. They will not play Lady of Snow, they will not play Savage Curtain, or Whispers, no Candlelight Fantasia, Absence of Light etc. They play only new stuff- besides like five songs, none of their best stuff...

Sorry about the rant... :wave:

If they changed up their set list I am sure they'd have to.

For a glimpse in the past, to a time when they were more creative with their live shows... I stumbled upon this again. Accolade medley. There was never a better time to be a SX fan than when they toured in support of The Odyssey - most eclectic set list ever.

...just for the new fans who might think it has always been like this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I saw them in milan supporting stratovarius,such a shame,they deserved a longer set but I was happy the same with accolade 1 and 2 together.When stratovarius played, I noticed at the enter of the hall lepond and Rullo,so me and my friend had a chat with them while listening the boring stratovarius.Luckily a few months after Sx returned in Milan as headliner

It gets strange when it's something you've created. Personally, I like listening to my own music, but only for analysis. I never say to myself, "man, I really want to hear that song I wrote right now!" because as soon as I put it on all I notice are the flaws and things I could change. It's similar for most creative people I've met - actors don't like watching themselves, writers don't like reading themselves, etc.