Symphony X Re Recorded!!!

viking1065

Mar 30, 2003
Visit site
i'm very happy there going to re record the first album, but i wont to know if they they might do the same for damnation game or twilight these cd's are great but sound is not very good,does anyone know if they might put out remastered version i thought i remember seeing that on insideout records web site

I could understand them remixing "The Damnation Game", but "Twilight"? What's wrong with TIO? The production on that CD is extremely high quality. The only complaint I have about TIO is I think the drums are a little too mechanical sounding, but there still not bad. I can't see any reason for them to remix that album.

i did not say divine wings but as for twilight i have 2 copys and both have very low sound and the drum and bass are very low in the mix,put in the odyssey and then put in twilight and you will see what i mean.on there prelude beside of cd they raised the sound level for 2 songs from damnation game and they sound a lot better

I'm VERY excited about them revisiting the first album. I love the 'gothic', Poe-like atmosphere they have on that first disc, and I'm curious to see how they'll handle those old songs. Masquerade was already re-worked very well, and though I'm afraid they'll probably lose a bit of the moodiness of the original songs and bring them more 'up to date' I can't wait to have a new SX release in my hands so soon after the Odyssey. This is gonna rock :cool:

.Fuck yes, this excites me so much. I think everything about their first album could be that much better just with Russell singing.

†Russel Allen†® said:
Let me straight things here.

I AM NOT AGAINST THE RE-RECORDINGS OF THEIR FIRST ALBUM!! THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AWESOME!!

But I think it's a bit overreacting to say that they should re-record TIO, DG, and so...

I agree. Though I would say that the only thing that might need to be re recorded would be the Orchestral pieces. All of the ones on every album except odyssey sound pretty cheesy to me. But there is no point in re recording a whole album just for the orchestral parts.

i dont want it re recorded just remastered in the studio to make the original songs sound better, the band would have nothing to do with it, just someone in the studio ajusting the sound NOT!! playing the songs over, there is a big difference in re-recording and remastering a cd twilight and damnation game dont sound as good as odyssey and divine wings i know im not the only person that can hear the difference

I agree. Leave The Damnation Game and all subsequent albums the fuck alone. The sound is fine. And personally I really dig the raw sounding production on TDG. Once Russell completes his work on the debut; not one Symphony x song could be called 'bad'. Their perfection will be complete!

then tell symphony x to leave it the fuck alone because on prelude the best of cd they did remaster the two tracks from damnation game why the fuck do you people get so goddamn moody

About the remastered album, i have to ask... will the cover art be the same or will it be different. Also, will there be any special limited edition packaging? Like a digipak or some such thing???

I doubt they'll re-master TIO and TDG, but I would love that. I rarely listen to TDG because of the production and TIO could use a little bit more vocal and guitar punch.

I haven't heard ANY of the songs from their first album, simply because I can't imagine them being nearly as good as TDG - present (no Russell).

Does anyone know if they will be slightly modifying the songs?

For example, Mike Lepond wasn't in the band at the time; would he re-write the basslines or leave them the same?

i would think they leave the basslines the same since they are goddamn amazing, but i am sure lepond will throw his own little flair in there. Are they going to re-rerecord masquerade??? I ask because when they re-recorded it for prelude, wasn't miller still the bassist??? if it was, in fact, the TiO line-up, that would mean that jason also didn't play on that song.... Anyone know what the status on that song is??? anyway, i am excited to hear it. And i hope they do change the stuff a bit because they did add as bit to masquerade the second time around.... hope they keep that up if the songs need it..... also, i wonder how shades of grey is going to turn out.... that was an awful song with Rod.