Symphony X will be a support act for forthcoming stratovarius tour

You lucky American folks!

If the SX tour with BLIND GUARDIAN!!! :worship: and Hammerfall should be confirmed, it`ll be just :) and :hotjump:
and o_O and :OMG: and and...
European tour with Stratovarius is cool as well...

Originally posted by Harvester
Hello? Reality check time.

Stratovarius not only play to much larger crowds, but *more* places on their European tour. This is a fantastic opportunity for the band to get more recognition as they would not be able to afford to tour this extensive on their own. Furthemore, they do appeal to the power metal market and that is where the numbers are at in a live setting. Unless your name is Dream Theater, you will not see a large progressive metal audience regardless of where you play or who you are. Ask Fates Warning.

I agree that SX is a better band. However, you have to be realistic in your business opportunities. Would the band prefer to play in front of 300 at a pub in Belgium or 3,000 at Stratovarius show at "insert any major city."

Glenn H.

Yes...of course you're absolutely right!
Still, it's a mystery to me that a high quality (the highest!) band like Symphony X aren't bigger than they actually are...
So let's hope that this tour will open people's eyes, and give Symphony X LOADS of new fans! ...and soon we'll get a headline tour!! :)
I booked my ticket for the Stockholm-show today! :rolleyes:
Stratovarius keeps making the same song over and over again, IMHO, and I find them quite boring.
Still, if this helps Symphony X in the long run (which I'm sure it will) it's a good thing!

Hah, headlining or not..Symphony x is gonna blow
Stratovarius' ass, away!!! :Smokedev:

xxx Iris xxx

If I were in Stratovarius I would have a really bad band play between SyX and our set so people would forget how much SyX rocked! Stratovarius are good but they are nowhere near SyX's ability. Awesome concert nevertheless..wish I could go.