SymX on Puerto Rico

UndyingZero

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2007
:OMG: They were fucking awesome. A lotta people that saw 'em said that was the best concert they've ever seen ever. I agree, SymX delivered, and they even played 2 songs from Paradise Lost! I was kinda bummed, however, that they didn't came out to do some photo shoots or something. Oh, well. Russell kept saying it was too hot down here XD.

Damn straight. It was my first concert and it was amazing. I chuckled when I heard tons of people singing Set the World on Fire, Domination and Serpent's Kiss. The Odyssey was just perfect to end the show. I'd be awesome if they decide to come here for another show.

"Is it just me or is it really fucking hot in here?"

LOL, Russell rules.

BTW, what was the name of the 2 bands that opened the concert?

HEEEELLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!:headbang:
2007_0413symphonyx0030.jpg

That's me in the middle with my DT shirt! (I lost my Sym X shirt)

WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!!

After reading the review of the show at BB Kings I was a little worried about the show. I thought it was going to sound weird. But thank God it was the exact opposite (sp?). It was one of the best sounding shows I have ever heard. It sounded Clear, loud (in a good way), full of bass, everything was present and leveled in the mix. I cannot say anything bad about the show. The played tight, Russell sounded amazing. Everybody had their A game on!

The new songs sounded the best in my opinion. The samples sounded great, it had everything!!!
It was the same set that they played in the BB King which means they played THE ODYSSEY!!!!
It sounded incredible! And I'm not being a fan boy, it really did sound amazing.

The only down side was that it was an outdoors venue and the heat was INTENSE! You knew they had a hard time with the heat.

I got to meet them and they were just really cool, down to earth guys. I talked to Jason and asked him about the heat and he told me that he almost died.

I went up to Michael Romeo and told him that the knew songs ruled, and he looked at me very seriously and told me "how would you know?" And I thought..."ahh wait a minute that's not what I meant"...he was obviously referring to their music being downloaded over the internet. After he told me that I said to him "...you just played three of the new songs...(gulp!)" and then he laughed and told me "I'm just messing with you!" It took me a couple of nervous seconds for me to realize that he was just pulling my chain and then I laughed with him.

They were all very nice and cool, and they played an incredible show. This was one of the best nights of my life!!!

I forgot the set list, i'll post it once i remember it.

XD at Romeo's joke. The whole album is of course amazing and I'm getting my copy the same day (Whoever liked it and doesn't buy it should get shot.). I was really hoping to get a chance to meet them, but I guess maybe next time they come :p A friend of mine took about 350 photos and is sending them to me later. Maybe I'll post the best ones later.

Was Russ laughing sometimes during the show because his voice was nearly inaudible since everyone was singing?

Of Sins And Shadows
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Evolution (The Grand Design)
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
Domination
King of Terrors
The Serpent's Kiss
Sea of Lies
The Odyssey

I think that was the whole set.