And after years waiting Symphony X finnally played in Puerto Rico

Tomp

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2002
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
What can I say:headbang:, damn it was so good. it was on May 26 2007 and I've dying to share this. The only thing that actually made it difficult for them was that I was soo freakin' hot that night. Russell was seating like a mad man.

But what can I say, it was one of the greatest performances that I've ever seen. On a very hot humid night the band gave their 200%. Russell voice was outstanding, Romeo's nailed all his solos(as expected), and damn, Jason gave his heart out on the drums. For Lepond and Pinnella and couldn't believe that someone can play those instruments sooo fast.

The best thing was the ending, with "The Odyssey". Also I laughed many times because I guess that Russell didn't expected the great fan interaction, a lot of fans like me, sang almost every song. I'm 36 and been a fan of this band for a long time and I took my 15 year old song, to show him what Prog Rock is all about, also did it with Dream Theater on Feb 06.

I told him now I can almost die in peace :lol:, I just need to see Shadow Gallery(they still together right :D)

If I recall correctly they played 3 songs from their upcoming CD, Set the world on fire(he announced this one), Domination(I've never heard this song and I remember the chorus) and The Serpent's Kiss( I know for sure that there was another song that I didn't recognize maybe is this one).

What a great show, I would like to post some pictures. Where I can do it?

Congratulations for seeing Symph X live. Sounds like it was really a great show...

I still have to wait for Autumn before I'll see them live... and they'll only open DT... :(
And I guess you can post the pictures here in this topic. You can use Photobucket for example.