Syn Ze ase Tri - Între Dou Lumi - REVIEWS

http://moonmedia.ro/2011/03/syn-ze-sase-tri-intre-doua-lumi-cronica-de-album/

Daca stau si ma gandesc bine, Romania nu avea inca clone DIMMU BORGIR!
Corb si Spin au inceput cu ani in urma sa cante sub o alta denumire, dupa care, in 2006/2007 apar primele ecouri despre infiintarea acestui
grup. Inregistreaza in 2008 acest demo in studioul Negura, care ar fi trebuit sa apara imediat la un label, insa, din diverse motive, a fost
lansat cu o intarziere de mai bine de 2 ani. In aceasta perioada cei doi i s-au alaturat lui Negru in NEGURA BUNGET, in locul lui Hupogrammos si Sol Faur. Au inregistrat apoi “Varstele pamantului”, un album apreciat de intreaga presa de specialitate, poate cel mai atmosferic si cu influentele Pagan/Folk din intreaga istorie NEGURA BUNGET. Dupa o suma considerabila de concerte, cei doi se retrag, pe rand, din celebrul brand timisorean si se dedica exclusiv proiectului
SYN ZE SASE TRI, care devine cvartet (cooptati fiind Hultan si Strigoi). Incepand cu acest an timisorenii lasa treaba partilor vocale unui nou membru, Lycan. Cam asta ar fi despre istoria trupei.
Intro-ul albumului m-a dus cu gandul ba la NEGURA BUNGET, ba la DORDEDUH, caci instrumentele traditionale folosite sunt aceleasi. Mai avem si alte 2
piese instrumentale, care suna bine dar nu spun nimic. Cel putin mie… restul secventelor pot fi incadrate usor in Symphonic Black Metal, cu foarte multa atmosfera, mult orchestral, melodie & rapiditate si voci agresive! Nu suna deloc rau pentru un asemenea stil ca instrumentatie, dar nici nu vin cu nimic nou! Nu ma prea multumeste vocea tipata, care pare scremuta si chinuita pentru aceste sonoritati, dar probabil ca asta mai putin conteaza, cand orchestratia e pusa pe primul loc! Sau poate ca noul vocalist va aduce o valoare adaugata acestui sound! Fanii CRADLE, DIMMU, chiar LIMBONIC ART pot privi cu
indulgenta acest debut si sa-i dea o sansa, mai ales ca a fost compus acum ceva vreme. Eu tot nu-nteleg de ce trebuie sa tot apara clone si iar clone ale unor trupe celebre? Probabil ca amprenta epico-simfonica va face din acest grup o alegere de succes pentru variantele live. Sper sa le iasa, mai ales ca sunt cu mult peste alte clone de gen din Europa! Astept sa ascult alte noi piese, sa ma conving daca au identitate muzicala serioasa sau se regasesc doar in tot felul de “coveruri” si compozitii deloc originale, dar la moda si apreciate de o masa semnificativa de fani!

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/intre-doua-lumi--review.aspx?id=236750

4/5

Între Două Lumi is the debut album from Romanian symphonic black metal group Syn Ze Şase Tri, following on from the self-released demo Ziua din Urma from 2007, of which all the songs appear on Între Două Lumi. The album was released in 2011. Band founders Spin and Corb previously worked with the band Negură Bunget between 2009 and 2010 before turning their focus completely on Syn Ze Şase Tri.

On Între Două Lumi there are ten tracks of music. The first of these is Profeţie, which serves as an introduction to the album. It has quite an eerie sound with whispered vocals and wolves howling in the background and it sets the mood perfectly for the symphonic black metal onslaught that follows. The next three songs the band delivers are actually the same three songs from the 2007 demo. Since I haven’t heard that demo I can’t comment on how the versions on the album compare but what I can say is that songs such as Ziua din urmă showcase a band with many strengths right from the off. There are plenty of interesting riffs on offer in the songs as well as good symphonic ideas, although for the most part Între Două Lumi does not strike as an album that brings anything new to the table and neither does it often reach moments where a track could truly be considered a masterpiece, although there are some moments within it where the quality takes quite a big upturn, such as Făuritorul lumii and Gînd blestemat, both of which number among my personal favourites from the album. I especially like all the strange twists in the former than make it sound like quite the energetic track and the almost folksy intro to the latter. The instrumental piece Măreţia întrupării, which is the sixth track on the album is also of particular note for me, since it demonstrates some near classical tendencies and acts as a decent intermission in the album.

For the most part Între Două Lumi keeps the quality of the writing and performance pretty consistent. With many interesting ideas in their music Între Două Lumi is definitely a very enjoyable symphonic black metal release, though I can’t help feel that a few more of those good ideas in some places would have really upped the epic nature that parts of the album displays and turned some songs which I would consider to be good songs into great songs. What lets the album down the most for me though is actually the production job, which for me at least doesn’t really hit the spot at all. It’s far from being a raw black metal album but there are parts where I think the symphonic elements should have been given better prominence within the mix as I feel this would have given songs of the songs a more epic feel, where as it is they lack the sort of epic symphonic black metal nature than other acts in the genre have pulled off. That said, I think that for Între Două Lumi Syn Ze Şase Tri definitely deserve a rating of 8/10 for this very solid effort. If they can sort out the faults in the production and keep those good, epic and sometimes atmospheric ideas coming I imagine that for future albums they’ll be quite the force to be reckoned with.

http://www.kogaionon.com/en/kogaionon-reviews/syn-ze-sase-tri-intre-doua-lumi

0.82/1

If I’m about to think well, Romania didn’t get to have DIMMU BORGIR clones! Corb and Spin started several years ago to play under a different name, then, in 2006/2007 the first echoes regarding this band’s establishment appear. They record in 2008 this demo in the Negura studio, which must have immediately appeared at a label, but, for various reasons, it was released with a more than two years delay. During this period the two joined Negru in NEGURA BUNGET, instead of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur. Then they recorded “Varstele pamantului”, an album appreciated by the whole specialized media, perhaps the most atmospheric and Pagan/Folk influenced in NEGURA BUNGET’S history. After a considerable number of concerts, the two consecutively retired from the famous brand from Timisoara and exclusively devoted themselves to the SYN ZE SASE TRI project, which becomes a quartet (Hultan and Strigoi being co-opted). Starting with this year, they leave the job of vocals to a new member, Lycan. This would be about the history of the band. The album’s intro led me to think about either NEGURA BUNGET, either DORDEDUH, for the used traditional instruments are the same. We also have 2 other instrumental tracks that sound good, but don’t say anything.
At least not to me… the remaining sequences can be easily included in Symphonic Black Metal, with lot of atmosphere, much orchestral, melody & speed and aggressive vocals! It doesn’t sound bad for such an instrumentation style, but they don’t come with anything new! The screaming voice doesn’t really satisfy me, it seems shrilled and tortured for these sounds, but perhaps this matters less when the orchestration is put on first place! Or maybe the new vocalist will bring an added value to this sound! CRADLE, DIMMU or even LIMBONIC ART fans can view this debut with indulgence and give it a chance, especially as it was composed some time ago. I still don’t understand why does it have to appear again and again clones of famous bands? Perhaps the epic-symphonic mark will make out of this group a successful choice for lives. Hope they will succeed, especially because they are much more than other similar clones from Europe! I look forward to listening to new songs, to convince myself whether they have a serious musical identity or if they find themselves only in all kind of “covers” and unoriginal compositions, but in fashion and appreciated by a significant mass of fans!

ROCK TRIBUNE MAGAZINE

Syn Ze Sase Tri
Intre Doua Lumi
Code 666/Aural
Niemand in de black metalscene kan inmiddels nog om het feit heen dat Oost-Europa heel wat schatten herbergt. Roemenië mag zich bogen op het unieke Negura Bunget, maar inmiddels bestaan er ook al twee afscheuringen van die band die evenzeer de moeite lonen. Originele ex-leden Hupogrammos en Sol Faur richtten Dordeduh op (we kijken momenteel enorm uit naar hun debuutplaat) en werden vervangen door Spin en Corb. Dat bleek echter een tijdelijke zaak te zijn, want deze laatste hadden ook hun eigen band Syn Ze Sase Tri en verlieten inmiddels Negura Bunget weer om zich op hun persoonlijke geesteskind te concentreren. Vandaag ligt hun debuut ‘Intre Doua Lumi’ voor ons en het is een erg onderhoudende plaat geworden. De titel betekent ‘Tussen twee werelden’ en behandelt de grijze zone tussen realiteit en fictie, waarin de donkere geschiedenis en mythen van Transilvanië zich vermengen. Net als bij Negura Bunget worden de teksten in het Roemeens gebracht en versta je er niets van, doch dat neemt niet weg dat het niet past, integendeel. Roemeens klinkt namelijk al vrij duister op zich en Corb spuugt zijn woorden er met de nodige hoeveelheid toegevoegde vitriool uit. Op muzikaal gebied klinkt de band eigenlijk als een kruising tussen Negura Bunget en Dimmu Borgir. Alles klinkt net iets minder grauw dan bij Negura Bunget, maar de ongewone gitaartonen met Slavische onderbuik zijn ook hier aanwezig. Dat deze schijf werd geproduceerd in de studio van Negura Bunget met Hupogrammos en Sol Faur achter de knoppen, zal daar ook wel voor iets tussenzitten. Daar staan dan net iets meer symfonische invloeden en toetsenwerk tegenover en daar krijg je uiteraard de vergelijking met Dimmu Borgir. Op zich kan dat zeker geen kwaad, want het geeft Syn Ze Sase Tri voldoende eigenheid en voorkomt dat het allemaal een incestueuze relatie wordt. Bovendien betreft het hier ook nog steeds een debuutplaat, dus geef dit combo enkele jaartjes de tijd om door te groeien en je mag wellicht nog meer van hen verwachten. Maar wees gerust, aan ‘Intre Doua Lumi’ heb je intussen wel een héél lekkere kluif!
Morbid Geert

85/100

http://obscuraweb.blogspot.com/2011/03/syn-ze-sase-tri-intre-doua-lumi.html

From misty woods of Transylvania here they come Syn Ze Şase Tri (from now on simply Syn...) with their debut 'Între Două Lumi' for Code666.
By many labelled as the younger cousins of Negura Bunget, this band in fact has many points in common with the label mates above mentioned.
First and foremost the lyrical concept behind the songs. Both bands rely upon tales and local folklore of their homeland, which is rich in dark and mysterious events as well as bloody tales that perfectly fit in whatever metal band.
Then if we consider the music itself, Syn use a symphonic black metal that use a lot of keyboards, something familiar to Negura Bunget in the past, even if the latter in a more atmospheric way while Syn in a more orchestral way (more faithful to second half of the 90's symphonic black metal, Dimmu Borgir I would say).
Unfortunately I don't have any clue about the lyrics themselves since they're sung in Romanian, so the only thing I can tell about that is reporting faithfully what's on the info sheet.
The production of the album is high level quality, nothing less than expected by whatever band in 2011 (the time of lo-fi cellar-like registrations is long over dead) and in this case it fits perfectly to the atmospheres of the album, since the band is not looking for aggressiveness, or at least this is not the main goal, but moreover in recreating a majestic and eerie atmosphere over the songs.
Although the main problem of this album is that basically it lives in the shadow of whatever Negura Bunget release so far (at least for this very initial period of existence), I'm pretty sure Syn can find their own space in a brief time. We'll see.

http://www.headbang.it/recensione/intre-doua-lumi/9865

I paragoni promozionali il più delle volte sono costituiti da nomi altisonanti fatti a caso, quante volte ci è capitato di leggere i soliti monicker per poi ascoltare musica totalmente diversa? Il disco d'esordio dei Syn Ze Sase Tri da questo punto di vista è chiaro e veritiero sin dall'inizio, giusto citare primi Negura Bunget e Dimmu Borgir per descrivere la musica contenuta nell'esordio Intre Doua Lumi. Si parla di sinfonismo epico in primis -direi più epico rispetto alle bands citate- e misantropico, dove la componente tastierosa è assoluta dominatrice rispetto al resto. Purtroppo il risultato non è dei migliori, per qualche motivo il disco non riesce a svolgere a dovere il suo compito "incantatore" lasciando parecchi vuoti durante il suo ascolto. Non mi capita spesso di arrivare a termine disco e non ricordare praticamente nulla di quello appena ascoltato, a volte questa situazione può aiutare incentivando continui ascolti, ma non vedo pregi in questo caso, con un tipo di musica abbastanza diretto e avvolgente come questo.
Ho adorato i primi Negura Bunget come pochi , la loro formula astro/terrena e selvatica allo stesso tempo mi ha sempre dato molto, mi fa strano ora ritrovare (grossomodo) lo stesso tipo di sound senza riscontare la medesima scintilla emozionale (che diamine dovrebbe esserci). Tutto questo determina il voto basso e sufficiente di un disco suonato comunque bene, un album che potrà stuzzicare positivamente più di un individuo.
Ad esempio una Ziua Din Urma eccelle quando fà vibrare le chitarre su note alte mentre si appiattisce nel resto mischiando maldestramente pomposità e violenza. Il problema risiede anche in quello che si cerca, la copertina (e immagine del gruppo) in questo caso aiuta a capire dove i Syn Ze Sase Tri vogliono andare a parare, musica da battaglia suonata in maniera inusualmente atmosferica. Riuscendo a vederla in questa maniera il disco assume un valore diverso ben espresso dal brano che mi ha convinto maggiormente (assieme alla title track) dal titolo Fauritorul Lumii. Le seguenti Gind Blestemat e A Vietii Roata portano avanti il percorso fra notevoli sinfonismi ed oscure asperità compositive. Ci sono belle idee e buoni momenti, ma sono serviti confusamente, sembra di essere inghiottiti da un tunnel arido dove capire quello che avviene è pressochè impossibile. Spirit Etern è il manifesto del valore del disco, tratti molto buoni rovinati malamente (in questo caso aiuta anche una produzione un pò "finta") da altri che portano ad un inesorabile vicolo cieco. La title track per fortuna torna a far friggere le chitarre come piace a me, anche i momenti epici riescono al meglio rattoppando le falle presenti in barca lasciando quantomeno un ricordo positivo dell'opera.

Da due nuovi membri dei Negura Bunget (Corb e Spin) aspettarsi qualcosina in più era forse lecito, ma in fondo in fondo nel suo piccolo Intre Doua Lumi apre la pista ad un futuro che potrebbe dire la sua con qualche dose "ispirativa" in più.

http://www.metallus.it/recensioni/intre-doua-lumii/comment-page-1/#comment-2023

Debut album targato Code666 per i transilvani (e quasi impronunciabili) Syn Ze Sase Tri, dediti con “Intre Doua Lumii” a un black metal epico e moderatamente sinfonico, vicino, per aspirazioni, a Dimmu Borgir, Keep of Kalessin, Saille e Negura Bunget. E se le somiglianze con quest’ultimi si fermano al comune idioma rumeno e all’apparizione dei fondatori Corb e Spin in “Virstele Pamintului”, le caratteristiche di un più comune black metal sinfonico sono certamente ben più palesi.
Nessuno sperimentalismo o ricerca sonora come in “Maiestrit” oppure “Om”, dunque, nei microsolchi di un album che i più maligni potrebbero etichettare semplicemente come becero scimmiottamento di gente ben più famosa.
In realtà, insieme a tanta ingenuità e scontatezza, nell’album in questione ci sono anche elementi positivi. Non certo nelle tediose e posticce parentesi sinfoniche, gravate da suoni non proprio benedetti dall’originalità, quanto piuttosto nei momenti in cui la band si lascia andare al suo lato più metallico e sanguigno, e consegna spezzoni quantomeno piacevoli, nella loro semplicità (“Fauritorul lumii”).
Il resto è invero abbastanza insipido e infarcito dei luoghi comuni del black sinfonico, sampler di lupi ululanti e venti spiranti inclusi (“Profetie”). C’è da dare atto al quartetto transilvano di non nascondere per nulla queste sue inclinazioni stilistiche, tramite un’estetica (artwork, foto promozionali) che la dice lunga sui contenti dell’album.
Questi Syn Ze Sase Tri, sebbene adeguatamente capaci di fare il loro lavoro, sono ancora ben lontani dai livelli delle band alle quali si ispirano, e necessitano certamente di una buona dose di analisi e lavoro sul proprio sound, per bilanciare gli intenti genuini ma ingenui, con un po’ più di mestiere e personalità.

http://www.alonemusic.it/section.php?article=1930&section=recensioni

8,5/10

“Oh, Transilvania, sei un magnifico paese, potente e ricco, cinto dai Carpazi, e di verde campagne, con l’oro del grano e il regno delle tue vigne” [tratto dall’Inno della Transilvania]

I cavalieri che difendono le loro terre dall’avanzata dell’Impero Ottomano prendono forma in questo gruppo della Transilvania, Syn Ze Sase Tri. Ora, citando il paese, la curiosità si scatena soprattutto in una come me che è fissata con le leggende storiche e ama particolarmente le figure oscure e circondate da un’ alone di mistero. In questo caso si gioca molto facilmente visto che il mito di Dracula, tra storia e fantasia, ha suscitato la nascita del genere vampiresco grazie al grandioso romanzo di Bram Stocker del 1897. Ma torniamo alla musica e precisamente al nome del gruppo la quale storia è particolarmente interessante.
La traduzione di Syn Ze Sase Tri significa “Io sono tre volte sei” ma non nel senso satanico, bensì in un significato ben profondo e diverso: il 666 è il numero supremo nella mitologia antica, spartiacque tra il mondo umano limitato e quello degli dèi imperituro. Dopo due contratti poco fortunati, la band si è trovata a firmare finalmente con la cult label italiana 666 che ha permesso l’uscita di questo loro debut album “Între Doua Lumi” (Between Two Worlds), composto nel 2008 ma uscito solo ora.
Ascoltando l’album penso al velluto rosso, ai cavalieri a cavallo, ai lupi che brancolano affamati per le foreste coperte di nebbia fitta, alle leggende che diventano realtà, al misticismo e sincretismo di tradizioni, alle radici da difendere, al sangue e a molto altro. Le intenzioni con le quali si presentano i Syn Ze Sase Tri sono ben chiare: un black metal intinto in symphonic stile Dimmu Borgir e atmosfere infestanti ed ermetiche sul traccio dei Negura Bunget.
La raffinatezza con la quale è stato preparato questo album è davvero ottima: un lavoro sopraffino di ricercatezza musicale reso accattivante dal songwriting tutto in lingua originale che rendono ogni pezzo a sé. Dalle arie millenarie di “Maretia Intruparii” che sarebbe da canzone ideale per un film di Tim Burton che gioca sempre sul grottesco in maniera intelligente. “Gind blestemat” dal blast spezzato e continuo incitato dalla guitar e dallo screaming sporco e grondante sorretto dal growling appestato e potente. Malinconica e dal violino solitario viene presentata la title track “Între două lumi” che risente l’influenza dei migliori Dimmu Borgir. Se l’album si era aperto con una profezia snocciolata in sottofondo di ululati e bacchette di percussione, si chiude con “Ruga” una preghiera per i fedeli agli Dèi, interamente strumentale ma fortemente evocativa di quelle leggende ancestrali che i Syn Ze Sase Tri si sentono di difendere fino alla fine.

Che il Drago sia con voi!

http://www.metal-sound.net/reviews.php?read=984

ÎNTRE DOUA LUMI

SYN ZE SASE TRI

Code666 CD

When I first heard about Negura Bunget, little did I know that this band will get big on the international level and became the root from which we will find about good number of cool troops. Syn Ze Sase Tri is the new name connected with Negura and it was founded by Corb and Spin who were replacements for Sol Faur and Hupogrammos in the line up for recording „Virstele Pamintului“ and to do subsequent touring, Soon thereafter Corb and Spin decided that it is time to concentrate on their main project and the fruit of their work is in front of us in form of their debut „Între Doua Lumi“, released on Code66 which is also Negura’s home. „Între Doua Lumi“ (which roughly translates as „Between two worlds“) is marketed by their label as release for the fans of Dimmu Borgir and Keep Of Kalessin but I wouldn’t say that I hear a lot of Eurovision Black Metallers in here but rather say that Dimmu Borgir is pretty accurate comparison, and escpecially their „Spiritual black dimensions“ era, And if you would like to hear one more name it would be Old Man's Child. So you have probably understood by now that Syn Ze Sase Tri (the band name means something like "I'm with triple six") performs melodic Black Metal so if you have expected them to be more in the vein of pagan Black art like Negura you will get largely dissapointed. Overall tempo of „Între Doua Lumi“ is in mid waters so epic and grandiose keyboards plays the largest role in weaving the web of music and carrying the lion’s share of melodies, while guitars and rhythm section make the strong basis for everything so the best desription for the band would be symphonic melodic Black Metal. The playing is good and one could feel that the band members are really the masters of their instruments, they don’t make too much mess with song arrangements and prefer the atmosphere to be the most important factor in creating of the music. „Între Doua Lumi“ is dedicated to bloody and mystic events of Romanian history and with the quality of said material, it is a good tool for carrying the torch of Romania throughout the world; involvment with Negura will undoubtfully get some people interested in this name and from there on everything will work based on quality of the album which is very good – Syn Ze Sase Tri is still not killer or groundbreaking but they most certainly know how to compose good music in this style so you are well advised to check it out for yourselves.

Trifunovic Slobodan (7.5)

from metalglory a not very good one.

Ich bin ja von Code666 gewöhnt das sie gute bis sehr gute Alben veröffentlichen und was ich im Promoflyer las war eigentlich viel versprechend. Beschrieben wurde mir das Ganze als eine Mischung aus alten Dimmu Borgir und späten Negura Bunget. Also rein in den Player und ab dafür.
Doch Leute, was ist das denn bitte? Das sollen also frühe Dimmu und späte Negura Bunget sein? Aha!!!
Geht das Intro „Profetie“ von der Atmosphäre her noch, passend zu Beschreibung im Flyer, „Syn Ze Sase Tri lässt sich von der blutigen Historie und dem Mythos ihres Mutterlandes Transsilvanien inspirieren“, in die Richtung Vampirfilm, so wird die Hoffnung auf ein gutes Album sofort mit den ersten Tönen von „Ziua Din Urma“ zerstört. Versteht mich nicht falsch, das was man zu hören bekommt ist handwerklich wirklich gut gemacht, hat aber NULL eigene Note. Bei den ersten Tönen denke ich sofort ich hab eine Dimmu Borgir Scheibe am rotieren und so zieht sich das durchs ganze Album. Intre Doua Lumi ist ein Album welches, vom Intro und Outro mal abgesehen, 8 mal Rumänische Dimmu Borgir zu bieten hat. Ab und an kommt noch ein bisschen Cradle Of Filth durch und mit ganz viel gutem Willen vielleicht auch ein Spur der angekündigten Negura Bunget. Doch wenn ich eine dieser Bands hören will; leg ich die Originale auf. Es ist eigentlich schade dass ich das so sagen muss, denn Talent und Fähigkeiten der Musiker sind durchaus, in nicht geringem Maße, vorhanden. Sie spielen ihre Mixtur ohne Haken und Ösen und auf Grund der guten Produktion hört sich das auch nicht verkehrt an. Aber wenn dies alles zur Kopie von Szenegrößen verkommt, dann nutzt dies alles nichts. So kommt man nicht aus der Versenkung raus.

Fazit: Musikalische Fähigkeiten und Talent reichen nicht aus um die Szene zu erobern, dazu muss eine eigene, spezielle Note her. Wenn das Potential, welches hier unüberhörbar ist, ausgeschöpft und ein eigenständiger Sound kreiert wird, könnte es beim nächsten Mal deutlich weiter nach oben gehen. Mit diesem Debüt aber haben sich die Rumänen keinen Gefallen getan.
Schade denn so gibt es statt 8 nur 5/10 Punkte
...wem allerdings eine Dimmu Borgir Kopie nichts ausmacht, der kann hier ohne zu zögern zugreifen

Anspieltipp: sucht euch einen aus, sind alles gut hörbar, aber halt Dimmu Klone

http://www.writteninmusic.com/metal/syn-ze-sase-tri-intre-doua-lumi/lang/nl/

Wie van Dimmu Borgir ten tijde van Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (1997) houdt kan het debuut van Syn Ze Şase Tri aanschaffen zonder het tevoren beluisteren. De riffs op Între Două Lumi zijn weliswaar niet zo krachtig, maar de CD bevat dezelfde prachtige symfonische black metal. Syn Ze Şase Tri maakt mooie epische muziek die het midden houdt tussen viking en pagan metal. Ze is doorspekt met koren en symfonische stukken en zou zo als filmmuziek voor een gothische horror film gebruikt kunnen worden.
De bandleden van Syn Ze Şase Tri komen uit Transylvanië (Roemenië) en zijn beïnvloedt door de geschiedenis van hun volk en hun mythologie. De teksten gaan over de krijgers uit het oude Dacië en hun geloof, hun goden, mythes en gebeden. Syn Ze Şase Tri betekent “ik ben met drie maal zes”, maar niet op een Satanische manier. Hier is het getal 666 het ultieme nummer wat de limiet tussen de wereld van de mensen en die van de goden weergeeft. De titel van de plaat betekent overigens “Tussen Twee Werelden”.

3,5/5

http://www.zwaremetalen.com/recensie/18348/Syn-Ze-ase-Tri-Antre-DouA-Lumi.html

83/100 :)

Gaan we moeilijk doen? Nee hoor, deze band is Roemeens (het is hen vergeven) en dat verklaart meteen de eigenaardige bandnaam en tîtel. Twee gitaristen van dit gezelschap draaiden al even mee met Negură Bunget, maar dat lijkt, afgezien van de Transsylvanische inhoud, niet meteen de juiste referentie te zijn.

Deze black metal gaat namelijk richting Cradle of Filth. Melodische black met symfonische elementen, zonder echt overmatig de melige grafworm uit te hangen. Een krakend/raspende black metal-strot die eerder griezelig dan bezeten klinkt met een dito arsenaal aan achtergrondeffecten. Ook de drums klinken te blikkerig om echt voor opwinding te kunnen zorgen, maar dat wordt meer dan volledig gecompenseerd door geslaagde composities en uitstekend gitaarwerk waar fans van Old Man's Child, Keep of Kalessin en zelfs Gloomy Grim wel iets mee zullen kunnen aanvangen.

Prima plaat in een subgenre dat de laatste maanden opnieuw op gang lijkt te komen. Samen met labelgenoten Saille de melodische black metal-tip van het voorjaar. Hulde aan Code666!

http://www.metallized.it/recensione.php?id=5194

65/100

Quando un paio di anni fa i Negura Bunget rischiarono il collasso a seguito di varie incompresione fra i membri della band, il mio cuore (come, immagino, quello di tutti gli altri fan) sfiorò un avvenimento analogo. Appena saputi gli esiti di questa disputa, tutti gli occhi della gente erano fissi sul verdetto. I Negura Bunget rimasero vivi grazie alla permanenza del factotum Negru, mentre gli altri due co-fondatori (Hupogrammos e Sporcatu) se ne andarono, mettendo a rischio i futuri esiti qualitativi della band. Due altri membri, Corb e Spin si unirono al batterista seppellendo, con la release di Virstele Pamintului, ogni pregiudizio.
Ecco che, mentre il progetto del capomastro Negru ha sfornato l'ennesimo capolavoro lo scorso anno, vede la luce anche questa costola parallela di Corb e Spin con il monicker di Syn Ze Şase Tri, sempre sotto l'ala veggente della nostrana Code666.

Scordatevi da subito le atmosfere folcloristiche, tribali, ctoniche e ataviche che erano proprie della madre-band. Le uniche ispirazioni autoctone di questo album si possono ritrovare solo nei testi (con l'ausilio della traduzione). Musicalmente siamo di fronte a un classico black metal sinfonico in pieno stile anni '90. Un probabile incrocio di band come i primissimi Negura Bunget, i più recenti Dimmu Borgir, con elementi presi da Noktrunal Mortum e Old Man's Child potrebbe essere un modo grossolano ma efficace per abbozzare una prima forma di questa band.
Anche analizzando la copertina si potrà avere una perfetta metafora di come si dispiega l'album lungo le sue dieci lunghe tracce: un pacchiano pot-pourri patinato, digitale, artefatto e arzigogolato, ma rifinito fin nei minimi dettagli.
Le tastiere si configurano perfettamente come l'elemento portante e trainante del carrozzone: sinfonie a non finire, scale di pianoforte, campionamenti di archi in pieno stile emperoriano su riff di chitarra canonici e spesso di contorno.
Quello che rimane in testa dalle prime lunghe tracce sono semplicemente i siparietti di chiusura di riff, realizzati con scale di pianoforte e rispettive scale di chitarra solista, e le citazioni dimmuborgiriane da colonna sonora che richiamano più volte Death Cult Armageddon.
A rendere difficile la lettura di questa mistificazione è proprio l'uso continuo di sempre differenti campionamenti: atmosfere notturne, cigolii di castelli immaginari, temi sonori ripresi da tonalità locali (Gînd blestemat). Ancora di emperoriana fattura il distico A vieţii roată e Măreţia întrupării, con quest'ultima traccia di stampo strumentale con richiami a The Wanderer ma dall'assetto più cavalleresco/vittorioso. Questo ultimo brano segnalato avrebbe potuto essere un decente epilogo per una decente opera, ma invece i nostri rumeni insistono con un'altra mezz'ora di composizioni... capaci di dare all'ascoltatore il colpo di grazia.
Dopo un'inutile Calea fără de sfîrşit il combo sembra riprendersi con la pomposa e incalzante Spirit Etern, caratterizzata dai soliti interessanti ma ripetitivi duetti di tastiera e chitarra solista che sfociano in un notevole ma estraniante interludio di archi. Con Între două lumi veniamo proiettati ancora in un tripudio sinfonico di confusionaria costituzione; sembra di sentire sempre gli stessi motivi e l'andamento del brano è sempre tirato al massimo, senza conoscere tregua o attimi di riflessione.
Il tutto risulta essere perfettamente rifinito come un codice miniato che però rischia di sembrare un enorme puzzle illusorio.
Non è un caso infatti che l'album si lascia ascoltare molto bene, soprattutto grazie all'ausilio delle incredibili variazioni dei sintetizzatori, ma allo stesso tempo scivola via senza lasciare alcun segno. Inoltre i ritmi sempre serrati dell'album conferiscono ad esso una finta carica che non giustifica tale aggressività.

Mi sento di dire che questa opera prima dei Syn Ze Şase Tri, al di la delle meravigliose e sontuose laccature di superficie, rivela la sua povera sostanza, sebbene solida e di un certo impatto che magari non dispiacerà, come caratteri formali, a molti ascoltatori. Personalmente mi aspettavo qualcosa di totalmente diverso da quelli che sono stati i compositori di quel bel Virstele Pamintului, qualcosa di diverso a livello comunicativo. Che questo sia il primo vero passo falso della nostrana Code666, da sempre rivelatrice delle novità più avanguardistiche che contornano il metal estremo?
Il voto confermerebbe il livello di qualità a cui ci aveva abituato...

http://www.metal.it/album.aspx/13894/10925/

7,5/10

Arrivano al sospirato debutto i rumeni Syn Ze Şase Tri, autori di un black metal sinfonico in pieno Dimmu Borgir style. Ciò che ne esce è sicuramente promettente, visto che sono molte le idee ispirate e i guizzi all’interno dell’album, ma tutto dovrà passare per una maggiore personalizzazione dei pezzi, quella maturazione artistica che porti i Dimmu Borgir ad essere un punto di partenza da sviluppare e non un mito da imitare. Le atmosfere arabeggianti di alcuni riff di chitarra danno quel tocco di personalità ai pezzi, ma il tutto resta ancora in fase embrionale. “Între Două Lumi” resta un buon disco di black metal sinfonico supportato ad un’ottima produzione, che rappresenta un inizio di carriera più che dignitoso per il combo romeno, che ora deve andare avanti senza aver paura di osare.

http://www.dark-festivals.de/metal/syn_ze_sase_tri__intre_doua_lumi_2062.html

Die rumänische Melodic-Black-Metal-Band Syn Ze Sase Tri wollte ihr Debütalbum eigentlich schon viel früher herausbringen. Komponiert und aufgenommen wurde das Werk schon 2008, zwei unglückliche Plattendeals sorgten dann aber für Verzögerungen.
Mit Plattenlabel Nummer drei und drei Jahren Verspätung ist Syn Ze Sase Tris Debütalbum "Intre Doua Lumi" ("Zwischen zwei Welten") nun erscheinen. Mehr zu dem Werk erfahrt ihr in dieser Rezension.
syn_ze_sase_tri_-_intre_doua_lumi.jpg

Syn Ze Sase Tri bezeichnen ihren Musikstil selbst als Symphonic Black Metal. Dies bedeutet im Falle der Rumänen Melodic Black Metal mit einem sehr hohen Stellenwert des Keyboards.
Die "symphonischen" Einflüsse beschränken sich auch auf die diversen Keyboard-Einfwürfe, hoher Gesang oder weitere Elemente, an die man beim Begriff Symphonic vielleicht denken mag, kommen nicht vor.
Sämtliche Liedtexte des Albums werden auf Rumänisch gesungen und sind nach eigener Angabe von den Geschichten und Mythen Transsylvaniens beeinflusst.
Der Exoten-Bonus mag Syn Ze Sase Tri also gewiss sein, rein musikalisch hat die Band aber noch Luft nach oben. Zwar sind die spielerischen Fertigkeiten der Gruppe in Ordnung und auch die orchestralen Keyboard-Arrangements werden durchaus gelungen eingesetzt. Wirklich atmosphärisch wird es auf "Intre Doua Lumi" aber trotzdem nicht, dafür klingen viele der Passagen einfach zu austauschbar.
Auch finden sich auf dem Album keine wirklichen Ohrwürmer. Die Lieder sind zwar an durchweg in Ordnung und in sich stimmig, wirklich markant ist aber keines davon.
Fazit
Syn Ze Sase Tri legen mit "Intre Doua Lumi" ein solides Debüt hin. Die gezeigten Spielfähigkeiten sind in Ordnung, Fans des Genres können ruhig mal einen Blick riskieren.
Was bei den Rumänen allerdings noch fehlt ist eine wirklich markante Note. Ihr symphonisch beeinflusstes Black-Metal-Konzept bietet hierfür zwar Potenzial, wird aber noch zu unauffällig umgesetzt.

http://www.metalteamuk.net/apr11reviews/cdreviews-syn.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]If you looked at the band name and album title and thought “you what,” you were not alone. On popping down the local record emporium and asking for the new album by Syn Ze Sase Tri, I would expect you to get some odd looks and possibly security called as the poor counter staff think they are being confronted by a gibbering drugged up fool. Putting things in context though we have a Romanian band who were formed by Corb formerly of Negura Bunget. Apparently after touring around the stunning ‘Virstele Pamintului’ Corb left the band to concentrate activities around this release. It was actually recorded in 2009 with the assistance of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur and is a work thematically about the bands ancestors, beliefs and gods. The band name translates as ' I'm with triple six’ but we are told not in Satanic way but as a supreme number bridging the worlds between man and their gods. The album title enforces this meaning ‘Between Two Worlds.’ With all this in mind I had very high expectations for the album. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]First indication is striking battlefield cover art and promo pictures of band garbed in chain mail. Spin who also played with Negura is in on rhythm and acoustic guitars and the intro ‘Prophecy’ has a definite mystic, bordering on transcendental feel to it ala Negura but is let down by Hammer House Of Horror sounding library effects. Keeping with English name translations we are then dropped into ‘The Last Day’ which is far removed from any further comparisons to their better known countrymen. There is an epic feel behind the music which is heavily orchestrated via swirling keyboards taking on a madcap carnival etched feel in line with Dimmu Borgir with a touch of Arcturus about them. Vocals are rasped in their own tongue but the musicianship certainly strikes as having the up-front focus here due to its bombastic nature. ‘World’s Maker’ cranks out the austere organ fugue which has pompous chorals joining in before they are all swiped away by the battle hungry clamour. Vocals are more prolific here but the song is doing little to engage and when the next starts up with more clichéd sound effects and trilling keys I am beginning to wonder if this somewhat tired sound is going to provide me with any real wonderment or simply coast along through its remaining numbers until finally running out of steam. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]It’s a bit of a mixed bag I’m afraid and as much as I wanted to enjoy this I can only take it at face value as the work of a band treading a path I have ventured down many a time before without adding any real elements of surprise. It’s competently played and everything although the mix is not to my liking which could be down to the digital format I have presented to me for review but even after repeated listens I am still struggling to find anything particularly special about this or even memorable after it has finished. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Perhaps we have been spoilt with some absolutely blinding material from the band Corb just left. Indeed whilst trying to get to grips with this Negura Bunget’s new EP ‘Poarta de Dincolo’ landed and completely overpowered on the very first play. I know which I would rather listen to and unfortunately it is not this. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] http://www.myspace.com/synzesasetri
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Pete Woods [/SIZE][/FONT]