Synth Recording Software problem

demeyed

Jun 13, 2007
I'm trying to record some synth using a FL studio 6 demo version. I want to work with it in Reaper. So what I want to do is play the part with the sounds from Fruity Loops and record them in Reaper. How do I go about doing this? I'm a little lost when it comes to routing/midi stuff compared to instrument recording.

tried using it as a VST ? fl i mean ? put it on a track, open the fl vst interface, load your project or play your stuff, then render the track.

I've opened it as a VST and it opens up the program, Reaper goes away and I can use Fl away,then when I get rid of Fruity Loops it goes back to Reaper. But I don't know how to save it this way.
If someone could hit me up with a basic step by step that would be really great.

How do most people record these parts? I'm into doing an orchestral intro and need to do it in software as opposed to getting in some strings. Any methods or tips for this?

well after woking in fl , close it , stay in reaper and render the track with fl on it. should work, or play back and route that channel to another audio track , record enable it, play and send the fl track to the other track and record it.
should work, since you mentioned you have the demo, if you dont have the demo you can save once yo ure in FL just like you would be in normal stand alone operation. if reaper support rewire, yo ucan ty that aswell, kinda ismilar. its pretty simple

I figured it out. I'm playing each part and then just exporting it as a .wav file. Its not the prettiest method but it'll work. The demo version is really limiting for saving and stuff so it was making it awkward for me. This method is one I've used before so it'll work again.
Thanks for the help.