Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo

here's 4 clips....
chain is the same on everyone, so is mic position etc

g127-75

no need to tell me they all sound thin and fizzy....it's a recto with quite high presence and a 57 dead center / on axis on a t75...so of course it's fizzy...I still chose this position and amp settings on purpose for the sake of a speaker-comparison.

which one do you like best and why?

Tr

Most full, least phasey sounding

jesus I never realized how different they can sound. I need to figure out which one sounds best rather then just BL all the time haha

yeah, that TR is my preference also.
on my mesa it's the TL on my marhall (IMO) the TR and on the Engl the BL....you should real,ly test your
sometimes speakers of the same brand and type can sound as or even more different than 2 completely different amps.
this cab is slant btw....so it's not always the bottom ones sounding the fullest........marcus ;)

yeah, that TR is my preference also.
on my mesa it's the TL on my marhall (IMO) the TR and on the Engl the BL....you should real,ly test your
sometimes speakers of the same brand and type can sound as or even more different than 2 completely different amps.
this cab is slant btw....so it's not always the bottom ones sounding the fullest........marcus ;)

I've got 75's and GB's in an X pattern in my Legacy (slant) cab and I always opt for the BL since I figured it'd be the fullest. If it wasn't 6am I'd fire up the tubes and find out...

Meh fuck it, I"m going to crank the fuck out of it real quick.

BL has the least offensive fizz, but has cloudy mids.
BR has too much upper mids
TL is too hollow and fizzy
TR has the best overall balance

Coincidently I was just checking out your Mesa cab speaker comparison. Do you use TL or TR. TL sounded nicest in that one.

TR is ok...
God I hate those t75's tho... They remind me hours of unsuccessful tweaking. I think the trick is to push them a lot harder.