Tab: This Godless Endeavor Arpeggio part

ubersyntax said:
Mendel-
Yes, I have heard of Cacophony. I own both their CD's. I also own all the Racer-X, Marty Friedman CD's, Joey Tafolla, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Michael Lee Firkins, Vinnie Moore, Grege Howe, Tony Mcalpine, Michael (not the Artist) Angelo, etc. If it's 80's/early 90's shred... I have it. LOL!

I'm not a huge fan of Nu-Metal/Metalcore... but if you listen to it, you can definately here elements of 80's shred coming back. I mean, who'd a thought shred WASN'T dead? I will have to agree with the statement made by Marty Friedman during the video "The Essential": "music tends to go in cycles and repeats itself. You had the 60's kind of revival rock. You had the 70's with the disco era. You had the 80's with the revival of rock guitar solo's again..." --looks as if we're seeing a "backlash" once more. :D This pleases me a great deal. :headbang:

PS: To all those that asked for a recording of "Scarified"... I should slap you. You should already own Second Heat by Racer-X. ;)
I never did a recording of myself playing it other than on Cassette tape using my 4-track recorder. And, seeing how that I dont have any digital recording stuff, i'll have to wait 'til I get something to post it with. KEEP IT METAL! :Spin:

samething here :tickled: i love cacophoy, but michael angelo is cd's are bit . . lacky. he plays with no feeling at my opninion

ubersyntax - I dunno man.. I checked out your page with the classical pieces, and based upon the flubs I heard there, I just can't really see you ripping on the Becker arps, dude... No offense meant at all, just shooting it to ya straight, Sparky...

EtherForBreakfast said:
ubersyntax - I dunno man.. I checked out your page with the classical pieces, and based upon the flubs I heard there, I just can't really see you ripping on the Becker arps, dude... No offense meant at all, just shooting it to ya straight, Sparky...

LOL. The MYSPACE page wasn't meant to be a show-off of any type of metal and/or shred. I did my shredding back in late 1998-2002. In 2002 I became a Classical Guitar Major at Arizona State University (ASU) under the direction of Frank Koontz (a worldwide renound contemporary Classical Guitarist). If anyone has heard of and/or studied under Frank, you'de know... he is a tough son-of-a-bitch to get along with if he finds out you play anything else besides classical. During my classical studies I gave up "shredding" and kind of got a new prospective on my playing. Those recordings on MYSPACE were of my early undergrad phase of Classical playing back in '02. I have not done any recordings since. I am working with a few Classical Players in town working on arrangements for a 9/11 benefit CD that would be Classical Guitar arrangements of Patriotic songs/hymns/chants/themes and the benefits will go toward victims family's that suffered a loss here in AZ.

So, no offense to you... but in my mind... you don't get everywhere with just Shred. Not the lifestyle for me. It does get old after a while--not that i dont like it. I've studied shred, learned it, lived it, breathed it,... but now... i just listen to it. I'm more--how do i put it-- appreciative of little nuances in music. Good luck to you. Fuck face :D

John Williams is a great guitarist, I saw him at the Sydney Opera House in the 80's and he played a piece called "SunBurst" written by one of his students - Andrew York - fuckn amazing..

I recall he actually stopped just before he started, and asked that the air condiditioning be turned off, because he felt it was affecting his tuning - amazing man...

ubersyntax said:
I did my shredding back in late 1998-2002. In 2002 I became a Classical Guitar Major at Arizona State University (ASU) under the direction of Frank Koontz (a worldwide renound contemporary Classical Guitarist). . . . . . During my classical studies I gave up "shredding" and kind of got a new prospective on my playing. QUOTE]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH U :| ! ! U GOT A MENTAL PROBLEM ! ! GO SEE A DOCTOR !! . .. . . . .you can't give up shred. . u just . .CAN'T GIVE UP ><! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ok people, using Medel's awsome text tab, i've made a guitarpro of this solo, also managed to do most of the rthym and all of the drums for that arpeggio part. Any good tabbers out there want to help tab the entire song? Even if you're good at just plain old text tabbing, post it, and i'll make a kickass GP out of it. Anyone who helps me will get a complete never before seen 'enemies of reality' guitarpro made by yours truly; complete with all solos, drums, the whole shebang.

Anyone?

the phish said:
ok people, using Medel's awsome text tab, i've made a guitarpro of this solo, also managed to do most of the rthym and all of the drums for that arpeggio part. Any good tabbers out there want to help tab the entire song? Even if you're good at just plain old text tabbing, post it, and i'll make a kickass GP out of it. Anyone who helps me will get a complete never before seen 'enemies of reality' guitarpro made by yours truly; complete with all solos, drums, the whole shebang.

Anyone?

dude, i made this tab in guitarpro :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

i just exported it as a texttab in guitar pro so everyone could see it :)
i could host it if you guys want to ?
it even includes the rythm track and bass and drums.

I really hope this will be the only tab oriented thread on this forum. There are tons of other places to talk shred, tabbing, and general wankery. I love this board because it offers a chance to talk about recording, usually from a metal perspective. If we could keep it that way, that would be awesome.

This wasn't meant to offend anyone or start a fight, so take this as a simple request.

Exsanguis said:
I really hope this will be the only tab oriented thread on this forum. There are tons of other places to talk shred, tabbing, and general wankery. I love this board because it offers a chance to talk about recording, usually from a metal perspective. If we could keep it that way, that would be awesome.

This wasn't meant to offend anyone or start a fight, so take this as a simple request.

your totally right :) this forum should actually only be about recording questions and mixing micing etc.

sorry for it :)

It's cool. I just didn't want to see one of my favorite forums turn into a "Who can sweep this?" place for bedroom shredders and wankers alike(ie some of these musician's forums we have herre on UM). No hard feelings. :D