TAB Thread.

I posted this in the Guitar player's thread, but i think it got ignored. It's one of the craziest solos i've heard, and has some really cool licks in it!

Conrad Simon - Rodeo Clown

That was amazing!just wondering(I asked Mitch about himself before,but noone else),are you all able to play all you tab or you tab some things just by hering and trying?

btw Mitch,do you remember the Sinergy videos I asked you about(the ones showing some licks that I'm having real trouble with)?could you actually record some of them please?if anyone wants to help too it'd be apreciated.the licks were:
-Violated intro(Mitch told me that he just tabbed what he heard,but that it's difficult to play,so I don't have high hopes in seeing it played,but if someone can,it'd be great)
-Violated sweep picking+slide lick at the end of the solo(bar 80)
-Retur To The Fourth World intro riff

There are some more,but this are the one's I'm focusing on atm.

Can somebody please help me this song?
I cant figure out which version is right in bars 9-22. Everything sounds good but I think they are all not as it was played in the original way.

GP
MP3

If theres someone who wants to tab the solo I wouldn't say no ;).

That was amazing!just wondering(I asked Mitch about himself before,but noone else),are you all able to play all you tab or you tab some things just by hering and trying?

Tbh, i don't think anyone except Conrad Simon can play that solo.

btw Mitch,do you remember the Sinergy videos I asked you about(the ones showing some licks that I'm having real trouble with)?could you actually record some of them please?if anyone wants to help too it'd be apreciated.the licks were:
-Violated intro(Mitch told me that he just tabbed what he heard,but that it's difficult to play,so I don't have high hopes in seeing it played,but if someone can,it'd be great)
-Violated sweep picking+slide lick at the end of the solo(bar 80)
-Retur To The Fourth World intro riff

There are some more,but this are the one's I'm focusing on atm.

Oh yeah, sorry. I completely forgot. I'll do it tonight.

And is it the RETURN to the fourth world or PASSAGE to the fourth world?

Eh, I've done one. The Violated sweep lick.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eppZu05JTRI[/ame]

Once again, I haven't practised in 9 months now so it's not as good as Alexi. :rolleyes:

71p3w3l.jpg

As you can see/hear in the fast example, I basically use the 7th note in each position as a way of shifting to the next position, instead of it actually being a note that's played evenly over one beat. At that speed, you can't even tell anyway so that's why I've notated it as septuplets.

The picking in the tab is exactly how I played it and Alexi would have use his ring finger for all the high notes whereas I use my pinky, I just find it more comfortable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eppZu05JTRI

Once again, I haven't practised in 9 months now so it's not as good as Alexi. :rolleyes:

71p3w3l.jpg

As you can see/hear in the fast example, I basically use the 7th note in each position as a way of shifting to the next position, instead of it actually being a note that's played evenly over one beat. At that speed, you can't even tell anyway so that's why I've notated it as septuplets.

The picking in the tab is exactly how I played it and Alexi would have use his ring finger for all the high notes whereas I use my pinky, I just find it more comfortable.

"Betcha can't play this!"

Oh, nice, nice, nice!! It was time to do another vid, after those other you already did.... and more vids, please, we all like them. :)

<-Warheart-> said:

Hey... shut up, hun... try and believe in yourself a bit more, please.
You didn't have much time to practise, we know it, but you still play well, nothing changed. :)

Seriously, don't be a tard then. I already explained how most people transcribe stuff, if it's to hard to hear something, use Amazing slow downer or something similar.

^^Well i know what it is and im really bad at guitar :lol: It sounded like Zakk Wylde shit and thats not really hard to do to be honest. Just use the pentatonic scale! Plus! It's a video...you can actually see how he plays it!:zombie:

71p3w3l.jpg

thanks a lot man!

about the fourth world,it's Return To The Fourth World.

oh,and the same as Victim Of The Night said,there's no need for you to justify your playing,you're great.and whoever that doesn't belive that must check your MySpace or any of your recordings.I mean,if you justify your playing...what shold I do??quit??:lol::lol::lol:

i know but i dont want to have some one that will tab it for me i want some one who explains me how to tab it my self

:lol: listen for the note. hum it. then find it on the guitar. proceed with all ensuing notes

Amazing slow downer

:lol::lol::lol:

^^Well i know what it is and im really bad at guitar :lol: It sounded like Zakk Wylde shit and thats not really hard to do to be honest. Just use the pentatonic scale! Plus! It's a video...you can actually see how he plays it!:zombie:

there are programs such a slowblast, and many sequencer/mixers that will literally slow down the audio without changing its pitch. makes it easier to tab fast licks.