Tabs??

Thou canst call thyself satan until thou has mastered thyn guitar now go my son PLAY!

(haha this should confuse everyone who isnt american or british)

hmm.. i try to explain, but my english is predy bad...

Example:

E------------------
H------------------
G------------------
D--2----------------
A--2----------------
E------------------

Here's E-moll as tab. So, if there's number 2 in the A-"line" you press string A from second tape.

I've been playin for 5 years now... but i just started to learn lead.. CoB have some wicked shit... good luck with it :).. just keep at it.. im relying on that to get me through.. haha

When I try to learn bodom songs, I use Guitarpro. it's a program that does tabs, but it takes the numerical values of fret locations and transfers them into midi, so you can hear the notes...so you can get a feel for what they sound like, and the timing they're played in. You can also slow the tempo and play along.
you can download guitarpro here
http://www.guitar-pro.com/

and the tabs you can find here
http://www.mysongbook.com/

mysongbook.com is an excellent place to go for tabs :) I hadn't heard about guitarpro though; it sounds like a great idea. Might check it out sometime because I'll need all the help I can get, hahaha

I think you should never rely on tabs. If they are made by fans, they usually go wrong in the difficult parts. (and sometimes in the easy parts too) You should always try to listen to the song yourself from the CD of mp3. (mp3s can be listened to at a lower speed, which helps a lot) You can use tabs too, but you should at least try to check if they are correct.

And what comes to Guitar Pro, I think it sucks. The mid makers are not that better at hearing melodies correctly than the tab makers.

One good example is the intro riff for Downfall. I´ve never ever seen a correct version of it, though it is possible to be heard from the CD (which I have succesfully done). Another good example is the chorus part melody. Everyone seems to play it wrong.

The guitarist of Sonata Arctica, for example, said that he´s really unsatisfied with the fans´ tabs.

I have played only from last christmas, but like every day, and now I can play parts of

Deadnight Warrior
Touch Like Angel Of Death
Towards Dead End
Downfall
Everytime I Die (the whole thing, except the superfast "solo" part)

Kissing the Shadows (the kick-ass chorus part, nearly on right speed)

Children Of Decadence

and Grimmu, could you please tab the beginning of Downfall and send it to me at

black_raven@luukku.com