Tales from the Grave In Space

Ocelot2010

Burger King Diamond
Sep 18, 2008
Washington State
Couldn't see a topic on it in the Music section, but what are people's general opinions about this album?

Share thy reviews!

I like it, great solos, the riffs and the guitar tone reminded me of Bonded By Blood's "Feed the Beast" album. It's the kind of riffage that would put you in the shoes of someone running from the alien blob that crash landed outside your small Kansas town. Not too complex, yet not too simplistic either.

The vocals are sick, the frantic sound he has definitely gives Gama Bomb a unique sound and suits the lyrics very well.

Drums are good, I'm not debating his talent, but it almost sounds very limited and restricted, to me at least. He can and should do better.

Overall I'd give it a B.

This was my first gama bomb cd so I wasnt sure what to expect, but I ended up finding a new favorite band, so I'd give it a b+

The guitar sound i think is really really good and i'm not getting bored of listening through it again and again, even on songs i have tabbed.
Favourite song i think is We Respect You! though they are all good.
I'd give it 8/10

I like the new album, Citizen Brain is far better tho. Don't really have a favorite song yet. Haven't listened enough.

I think the new record is really good. I used to think the songs were too repetitive in citizen brain, mainly the rhythms are always the same tempo, and the drum beats varied between 2 different beats all the time. And I thought this really brought the band down. The new record follows that same pattern. But now I really dont care, you know why? Because even if thats the case I find myself listening to both records a lot. And since Ive seen them live I have much more respect for them. They are the best at what they do and that is amazing lyrics, catchy riffs and the fastest shit ever. Gama Bomb are unique.
All in all, Tales From the Grave In Space is a great album. Faster is Gooder.

Fav Songs are: New Eliminators of Atlantis B.C. , We Respect you ( because you cant go wrong with a song about Michael Biehn), Mussolini Mosh (Nazis Fuck 'em)

Also, the lyrics aren't as cringeworhy as some of those on CB - I love Bullet Belt, its one of my favourite tracks of that albu, but the lyrics are just...... urgh.
Ill never know why they re-recorded that song... and Hell Trucker.

I wish the second album had like all new songs. This the new album does. I just have problems with the really dry production on CB and Tales. Survival has the best Gama Bomb songs also. Atomizer is blates the best Gama Bomb song.

Also, the lyrics aren't as cringeworhy as some of those on CB - I love Bullet Belt, its one of my favourite tracks of that albu, but the lyrics are just...... urgh.

I love Thrashaholic.

We drink our pints, then order some tins
When they kick us out of the pub
Then back at due place we'll draw cocks on your face if you pass out on the floor.

Drinking Drinking Drinking Drinking

:kickass:

Can't say I love it myself. I also found the songs to be pretty repetative. But I'll admit that I didn't list to all the songs all the way through. I just got bored.

It's fucking awezome!!! Catchy riffs, lyrics and Philly's vocals kicks ass!!! Een though it's pretty much Citizen Brain 2.0 in every way possible and lacks some originality and inovation,(which Evile NAILED on IN) it's still a DAMN awezome album.