Talk about unexpected responses

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
So....yea. I'm in the Aerospace business and to make a long story short, I'll cut to the chase.

My direct boss is a fucking douchebag and I got sick and tired of his shit so, last night (while sober I may add) I wrote an E-Mail with a dummy account to the CEO of the company who resides in California and runs the sister company.

I got to work this morning and was hoping to see an E-Mail from him...nothing. But, an hour later, I received something. He was asking how he could respond to an E-Mail without a return address.....I explained to him in the geek fashion. He replied with:

"Nice. Come work for me."

I told him everything that is going on with the company and how it will decide the fate of the company. I have met him once but have talked to him on several occasions. Apparently, I am just like him; this is how he knew I sent the E-Mail. He said that I'm very intelligent and very, very clever. That E-Mail actually impressed him. He told me to call him.

When I called him, he verified it was me by simply asking me. I told him that yes, I did send the E-Mail and he said "How would you like to come work for me?" We discussed things some more and he also told me that he doesn't do this often; offer someone the opportunity like this. In fact, he never does it but he sees something special in me. I asked him if we could get face-to-face and talk about it and he said yes. Two hours later, I had a copy of my Itinerary departing Apr. 06 from SEA and departing LAX back to here Apr. 14.

This is fucking weird! I don't want to live in California but fuck, I guess if the money is right. Who knows, I could work for him and still work at this location. I'll know for sure soon. But, I think I fucked my boss. He is full of shit and this didn't even open his eyes, he simply made me feel bad. When I think about it, fuck him.....should I feel bad? I may have ruined the guy's life. :lol:

...more importantly than a good move, it is a fortunate result. I've thought about writing something like that to the higher ups in the past. You got VERY lucky that the main dude cares about the worker bees. In larger companies, such a letter could get the writer whacked, especially if your boss is in with good with someone up the ladder. Aerospace is bitchin right now, so anything coming back on you would be no big deal and easy to find other work. As far as the "fucking douchebag"...I think any concern for him is apparently--nill. Fuck dude hard if he's hosing you and the company from growing. Any changes needed in keeping a US company competative is fair game! Give him a BA on the way out the door.
BTW-which Co are you with and what type of work?

...more importantly than a good move, it is a fortunate result. I've thought about writing something like that to the higher ups in the past. You got VERY lucky that the main dude cares about the worker bees. In larger companies, such a letter could get the writer whacked, especially if your boss is in with good with someone up the ladder. Aerospace is bitchin right now, so anything coming back on you would be no big deal and easy to find other work. As far as the "fucking douchebag"...I think any concern for him is apparently--nill. Fuck dude hard if he's hosing you and the company from growing. Any changes needed in keeping a US company competative is fair game! Give him a BA on the way out the door.
BTW-which Co are you with and what type of work?

We are Allflight/Infinity Air. Infinity Air is our sister company and owns the majority of Allflight. Allflight is a 145 Repair Facility and I'm in procurement there but here in the near future, I'll move to sales. Most of our overhauls consist of interiors, PSUs and flight surfaces. We've been getting into Thrust Reversers and even have a composite shop starting up. We're getting an Autoclave in the facility when we expand in June and are also going to start doing Hydrualics/Pneumatics.

NICE

good luck with the move. I live in LA (along with Neal and somebody else...can't remember)...but you'll probably be working by the airport because that's where the majority of the aerospace companies are...El Segundo

nice! Weird way to get a promotion hehehe.

Somewhat in the vein of this topic, I also got a call yesterday, I'll start working in a ph@rmacy the next weekend. My internship starts April 30th. Now I need to buy a car to get there :S

Dude, business is cut-throat. If your boss really valued his job, he wouldn't have been such a douchebag. No mercy for the hypocrites. Adapt or fail. If he can't comprehend the changes in not only modern business, but modern society, he needs to go work at Wal-Mart.

Give yourself a pat on the back.