Talk me down...

Jeers to whomever decided to call me Rose this year. That's not my name, never has been.

Well, I'm not in your close circle, but let's see if this helps:

If you come back and admit you snuck one, then at PP X, I vow to follow you around calling "Hi Rose!", "How ya doin' Rose!", and telling everyone around me, "Look, there goes Rose!"

:)

Ken

Keeping a pack around that you already bought is not a bad idea considering the things you said. Just like with the cheesecake, it's there and you are choosing to not have it. It's your choice to not have a cigarette at that moment, and every moment that passes. Every moment is a victory, and encouragement, and a step forward. Don't let that little pack get the best of you. That nasty little beast. Soon you will have nothing but contempt for it because everytime you look at it or think about it you feel upset, frustrated, angry, sad, and repulsed. Over time that will project onto the pack and you'll want nothing to do with them. You wont want to look at them, smell them, touch them, or even think about them. You will have such utter hate for the little bastards that cause you so much turmoil and resentment. You'll all but hiss like Dracula before garlic, and maybe even literally!

Well, that's how the mental addiction came unraveled for me. I also completely allowed myself to indulge in another satisfying habit - coffee. Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee sugar cream coffee coffee coffee cream coffee coffee sugar coffee coffee. It went on for weeks. I both despised and loved coffee so much, but in the end the same tactic worked for me when I vowed to never take another sip of the wretched aqueous poison! Haven't had a single cigarette or drop of coffee since.

It seems so strange, but it is good that you recognize a lot of it is mental. Of course there is a physical addiction too, but that can't go away if you can't convince the brain to stop feeding it first. You are doing the right thing by getting rid of all the lighters, locking the pack in the trunk, and making it difficult. The next step is if you can have them right at arm's reach and still choose not to have one. Choose not to give in and then you can claim that victory. It builds confidence, and that confidence erodes the mental/habitual addiction.

Keep going strong, girl! You'll feel like a raving lunatic, but it's worth it :headbang:

Well, I'm not in your close circle, but let's see if this helps:

If you come back and admit you snuck one, then at PP X, I vow to follow you around calling "Hi Rose!", "How ya doin' Rose!", and telling everyone around me, "Look, there goes Rose!"

:)

Ken

Yeah, that'll keep me from smoking. However if anyone does call me Rose next year, then there is going to be the assumption that I did smoke... So people, change your habbits before you make me look bad!

And everyone is in my close circle. I don't discriminate. :)

"Rosie."

As in, the robot maid on The Jetsons.

If that doesn't keep MetalRose from smoking again, nothing will. :lol:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

-MetalRose