Tallica on MTV.

El Stormo

Mar 20, 2003
Flanders - Belgium
elstormo.deviantart.com
I don't know if any of you caught it, but Metallica was on UK MTV the other day, in a programme called MTV Idol.

As soon as the Four Horsemen emerged, despair gripped my tender heart: James looked passable, but Lars with his yellow-dyed hair, Kirk with his white pimp-suit and Rob the new bassist with his moronic grin on his stoned face spelled doom for Metallica (as if that hadn't happened already...)

But wait! Apparently it was not Metallica that did the concert! It was several Nu-metal bands that covered Metallica classics. How nice :puke:

After several mutilated classics, by Staind, Korn, Avril Lavigne, and other asses, the apotheosis of the eveninbg was reached when Snoop Dogg the awesomely cool rapper covered what vaguely sounded like 'Sad But True'. I have never seen such a horrible display in my whole life. The 'song' lasted exactly one minute, with Snoopy belting out 'uh'-s and 'yea'-s on the guitars of Sad But True. James, Lars, Kirk and Rob the Moron enjoyed themselves thoroughly and were even caught on tape making rap moves.

FOR SHAME!!!

Stormrider1981 said:
After several mutilated classics, by Staind, Korn, Avril Lavigne, and other asses

Fuel is NOT a classic. Neither is Sad but True. In anycase this show has been discussed to death. It's not like anything changed. Metallica was shit before this show, it's still shit after it. Those dickheads did in fact like the horrible covers. That little fucker Lars was really excited, he must have gotten a good buttfuck by Kirk before the show. We now know that James thinks Avril was "not bad", that Lars really likes rap and has "so much respect for those guys (Korn)". Excellent. Metallica sucked. Too bad they didn't play just a little while longer cause then they'd have a heart attack and they'd fucking die and we could go visit their graves yearly and spit and piss and shit on them.

The point is that the show wasn't meant to be funny. When Metallica are voted MTV idol of the year and a show is dedicated to them, you don't wanna ridicule their songs on purpose. The only part of the show that I see was meant to be funny was Snoop's cover. All the others were "serious" and James, Lars, and Kirk seriously liked them.