Tapping

MetallicSlayerDeth

Staring into your soul...
Sep 1, 2009
Sweden
YO wazzup!

I just tried some simple 8 finger tapping patterns but i can't make it sound right. Do you need som special amp setting or distortion or what? Even though I go slow I don't get it. Help somebody?

Hmm, judging from your post, it sounds like both a tonal choice and accuracy issue.
Make sure you have a high gain tone happening (not incredibly high, just high enough that when your technique is good enough all the notes come out sounding even dynamically) and just practicing the licks very slowly, speeding up gradually over the weeks and months.
Tone wise, you'll need a fairly healthy mid range, not too much bass (too much will muddy up the lower notes on the lower strings) and a high end that is present but not shrill.
What's you're set up at the moment?
Given that info we could help out more, since at the moment it's a bit vague.

YO wazzup!

I just tried some simple 8 finger tapping patterns but i can't make it sound right. Do you need som special amp setting or distortion or what? Even though I go slow I don't get it. Help somebody?

Maybe because you've just started doing that? :loco:
Remember when you first picked up a guitar, you couldn't hold a chord properly, let alone a barre chord... Take your time and be patient!

Petrovsk Mizinski
I use a BC Rich Warlock and a Line 6 amp.
warlock_guitar_blk.jpg
198629.jpg

SickBoy
I could hold a chord properly when I first picked up a guitar:heh: Mostly cuz I played Bass before.