Tarja's solo album: My Winter Storm

I'm considering whether to head out to her London gig in December. While I'm rather surprised that the tickets are going for £22.50 which is more than Nightwish are charging for their gig and due to money woes I missed out on Sonata yesterday( which I am GUTTED about. ):cry:
I'm still thinking about it. Has anyone heard any more of her stuff and is it better than 'I walk alone'?

Let me get this straight: Tarja is charging MORE to see her than Nightwish charged for seeing THEM?!? Surely this woman's management has lost it. I feel so sorry for the promoter if he loses his shirt on this.

Let me get this straight: Tarja is charging MORE to see her than Nightwish charged for seeing THEM?!? Surely this woman's management has lost it. I feel so sorry for the promoter if he loses his shirt on this.

I doubt anyone will exactly lose a shirt. We have to remember that this is Tarja. People will certainly pay to see her. Even in countries where she isn't as much of an omnipresent darling as others, there will still be plenty of people ready, willing and able to pay.

But, when you paid $20-40 to see Nightwish, who will pay $45-$X to see the FORMER frontwoman? I am sorry, but I just do not see those people storming the doors to see her unless they are Tarja fans.

I just do not see those people storming the doors to see her unless they are Tarja fans.
But that's just it, there are plenty of Tarja fans out there, at least from what I've seen/heard. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that I don't enjoy Tarja outside the context of Nightwish...I've heard many samples from the album and am just not interested *shrugs*

A lot of people were discussing this quite avidly in the queue for WT on Tuesday. One guy I was stood next to chatting about bands told me that she was charging 300 Euros for VIP tickets and that he'd forked out for two of the buggers. Bloody Hell!

A couple of people in the queue had bought the album and the general consensus was that it wasn't nearly as good. Having bought the album myself, so far I have to agree with them. I think I have said before in one of the other threads that I found it quite inconsistent. Sometimes quite good and nothing more, sometimes frankly dull warbling.

I know that sometimes I might come across as quite negative towards her and I don't mean to be. No one can ever take away her talent and achievements and after what happened I like the fact she's doing her own thing if that's what she wants. But seriously now that I've seen what Nightwish are capable of and what she's done, I am overwhelmingly on Team Holopainen.

"Team Holopainen". They should make a hockey jersey with the DPP graphic on front and a big N in their particular font, with those words scripted where the team name would otherwise be. On the back, it could come in different flavors, each one with a different "players" name.

Heh ok maybe not. It would seem waaaaaaaaaay too much like a huge ego that just doesn't exist in ole Tuomas. But the thought crossed my mind and i thought it was funny. :p

I would say they could face off against Team Cabuli, but T.C. would be severely outnumbered :p One penalty would have a full team laughing as they repeatedly score against one person hehe!

Anyway, back to your regular Winter Storming (posted my comments about the album in the Now Playing topic a about a week ago).

As I said: It would be poetic justice for Tarja if she was at ProgPower in Atlanta next September.....serving Glenn his Jack and Cokes.

I found it quite inconsistent. Sometimesquite good and nothing more, sometimes frankly dull warbling.
That's pretty much my assessment as well.

Team Holopainen hockey jersey, a great combo...hockey & NW, two of my favorite things :)

Here's a recent setlist from her show...a few Nightwish songs there...

P1150113.jpg

Hmm...does she even have rights to do songs like Nemo because she didn't write them? Usually people who leave groups only do songs from the former group that they had a hand in writing.

Actually, only two songs were from NW. The others were covers of covers. I wonder how many peole are showing up at these shows?

You know, i saw the damnedest thing tonight. I was watching G4 TV, the My Fun Product Show was just going off (something i was not interested in) and Attack of the Show was coming on and suddenly there is an advertisement for Tarja - My Winter Storm. I couldn't believe it. Wtf is an advertisement for anything Tarja doing on an American tv channel? Talk about the last thing i expected to see.

Universal Germany seem to have strong faith in Tarja's possibilities, at least they seem to have invested whole lot of dough in her new CD.

Tarja's My Winter Storm was released in the USA on Tuesday Feb 26. 2008 thorough Fontana Disrtribution.

Tarja records for Universal Germany and Fontana Distribution is a subsidiary of Universal Music serving as distributor in the USA for over 70 independent labels. Fontana also distributes select projects from UMG labels worldwide and provides sales and marketing support, as well as back office services, thus makes perfect sense that Universal Germany is using a Universal subsidiary for markeiting Tarja in the USA.

Tarja did a short tour in Europe before Christmas 2007 performing gigs in Finland, Russia, Germany, FRance, Netherlands and Englnad. These gigs were called "warm-up concerts". Two days ago the first 11 dates of Tarja's upcoming full-size tour called "My Storm" were revealed on her website, more dates will be added later. Wether the tour will reach the US shores any day, is yet anyone's guess.