TC Helicon Correct/Create anyone?

fabz

www.respawn-inc.com
Aug 24, 2004
Heidelberg/Germany
www.respawn-inc.com
I'm thinking about buying one or both of these pedals. Often my live vocals sound not as good as they could due to poor mixing skills of the FOH tech, resulting in out of time delays or large room reverbs when no reverb is needed at all or PAs with no FX at all. Do you think these pedals are any good or are there other pedals around i don't know? (i know the purple digitech one though)
I can't spend a shitload of cash at the moment and i don't want a huge pedal board in front of me, since i'm the guitarist too and already have a lot of pedals.

Anyone tried the TC stuff?

I had the same idea last year. I checked both pedals. Correct is very subtile, Create almost "too much".

They are both high quality tools, but personally I decided to be free from any tools on stage. As a singer my performance would suffer, if I had to care about my sound as well.

I had the same idea last year. I checked both pedals. Correct is very subtile, Create almost "too much".

They are both high quality tools, but personally I decided to be free from any tools on stage. As a singer my performance would suffer, if I had to care about my sound as well.

I will try both today at rehearsal. i hope it works like i want it to...
My hope is to power up the correct unit and forget about it. and all i need from the create is to give me a usable room and a little bit of delay in good quality...

I think it should work!

Correct is an awesome pedal - although the adaptive EQ takes a bit of messing around. It's nice to be able to set your own comp level - the autotune is pretty natural if you dont' abuse it.

However - I've seen this pedal fail twice on the same singer in live settings. They aren't exactly what I'd call "road worthy".

I use the TC Voicetone Create pedal, and it sounds really good for live use. Only downside is it's not very tweakable...only 2, unassignable parameters per preset. Upside, a majority of the presets sounds really good, which is rare for any type of effects unit. I'm very pleased with mine.