Teargas Demo!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I just got sent the final mixes of the 3 songs on the upcoming Teargas demo, and let me say now these guys should be HUGE! With the right marketing they are gonna make it I think and I hope to see them in arenas one day! It's 80s hard rock that sounds like it came out today rather than the '80s and the new generation who don't know much '80s hard rock will think its something totally new and fresh. Those who hate rock music because they think its all noisy with no melody (thanks to grunge and alternative taking all the fun & melody out of rock since 1991) will LOVE it. It'll appeal to modern pop/rock fans as well as more than satisfying anybody who likes Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Dokken and Whitesnake! But they are also heavier and have a harder edge than these bands (well maybe not Whitesnake, 1987 is very heavy!) so metal/hard rock fans will certainly dig it as well! (Ones who like melodic hard rock anyway, I doubt DravenMist will dig it haha!)

The 3 songs - "Crazy" is a big chorus anthemic hard rocker, "What If It's Me" is very Bon Jovi sounding with big Dokken/Def Leppard style vocal harmonies, and "Don't Turn Away" is the most modern sounding due to the production and acoustic guitars but the songwriting is very '80s AOR/melodic rock.

Sorry for the pointless plugging here, I just listened to all 3 songs though and was floored at how good they sounded! Had to share my excitement and thought they deserved a plug! Also, it was mixed by a dude who has mixed Delta Goodrem, Deep Purple, Roxus (I love Roxus!) and recorded Richie Sambora's overdubs the day after their appeal concert here 2 years ago!

With more stuff like this coming out and if its marketed the right way, hopefully alternative rock will become dead and buried and melodic rock will take over once again! As far as modern music fans go (not fans of classic rock, metal, AOR, hardrock, etc)... it'll definitely appeal more to the pop/rock fans than the heavy rock/alternative fans who seem to have a problem with anything melodic or fun.

:headbang:

They are playing again in February but haven't played in ages. Last gig they did was at The Armadale in July I think it was, and it was awesome! Best I've seen them! They even covered "In My Dreams" by Dokken and played it PERFECTLY including the vocal harmonies, brilliant!

I can't wait to see them again. They are the only band I can think of where I could sing along with the songs live without ever even hearing them on CD, just from remembering from the few gigs I'd seen, they are that catchy. My fave band in Australia at the moment they are :)