Teargas

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I saw Teargas again last night... they rocked!! These dudes are definitely going somewhere... for a band who has only played about 8 or so gigs, its amazing to see them pack out a venue, and have the whole room gettin' wild and rockin' out to the music and half the people SINGING ALONG to the words of songs that have never even been recorded in any form before, just remembered from previous gigs. There should be a law against writing songs that catchy, I've had some of their songs in my head all day today haha!

They're such a fun band live too, they have such a great interaction with the crowd and their shows are like a big rock & roll party, which is amazing because usually it takes a long time for a band to establish themselves before they can just automatically get the type of atmosphere and crowd participation that Teargas already do.

They also played "In My Dreams" by Dokken and did it REALLY well! The guitarist really nailed the solo too, and the vocal harmonies sounded great! They did it really true to the original too.

It's also cool that they are appealing to non-hard rock fans! Half the people at their shows are just your normal everyday modern rock/pop listeners and they really get into their music even though its total '80s cock rock. It was funny, when Al (the singer) goes "Who here knows Dokken?!?", it was only about 10 of us that screamed, most people didn't know heheh.

I guess it shows that people are ready for big chorus '80s style arena hard rock again!

:headbang:

Yep they're heaps of fun! And they're the only band in Australia playing that style of music too I think, and that kinda stuff is "my thing" haha. So I always have a ball! They're probably my fave Australian band now already and thats only from seeing them live a few times hahah!

I can't wait for them to put out their album. If its produced in the right way, it will be destined to be a melodic rock classic I think! It'll probably be one of my fave albums because literally all their songs sound like they could be hit singles, nothing is even slightly close to being filler.

Are they from Melbourne? I've never heard of them. Hmmmm methinks I'll have to check them out. :)

Yep they are. The members are only my age but they play stuff that is a mix between the first Harem Scarem album, '80s Dokken and '80s Bon Jovi.

Trent,

I've heard stories about you and this Teargas gig. Although they're nothing special on their own, if you just take a few words from each and put them together, it sounds funny, so here goes:

You sang Van Halen to hookers and made comments about changing sheets in pay-by-the-hour hotels and talking to Vanishing Point's guitarist.

Well, its pretty funny.

Let me know when they're playing next Trent. They sound like a lot of fun! :headbang: