Brides Of Destruction!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
These guys ruled live!!!

Their songs (and London's voice) sound 10x better live than on the album! I won't give away too much about the show like the setlist or how the started it (which was pretty cool) haha but it was awesome!

They seriously have so much attitude & energy on stage that leaves all the new metal/rock bands for dead by far. They really do have a hunger out there on stage, they're certainly no washed-up '80s nostalgia act! They could win over a Slipknot/Disturbed type crowd easily and leave those bands for dead in terms of their ferocity & heaviness on stage, yet the show was totally trashy Hollywood style ROCK & ROLL! And the LA Guns and Motley covers sounded awesome!!! Nice choices of songs too, though the Motley songs were predictable choices and we didn't get Sex Action.

And I gotta say, London was a really cool frontman, and the band looked awesome as well with lots of leather, tattoos, leopard skin, bandanas, hairspray and makeup and they performed really well. Every member was a show in themself... but the star of the whole without a doubt was TRACII GUNS! Man that guy ROCKS!!!!! I hardly even watched Nikki coz Tracii was just so much more entertaining!

Great show! And the place was PACKED, you couldn't move! Everyone was gettin into it... great atmosphere!

Wow, they're here already? I wasn't expecting them for a couple more months. Good to see they're getting heaps of publicity here.

I went to the sydney show last night, It went off !!!!

Way better than i expected. One of the best gigs i have ever seen
These guys make Kiss look like a joke.

The setlist was (I think):

SHUT THE F*&K UP
NATURAL BORN KILLERS
BRACE YOURSELF
2X DEAD
I GOT A GUN
LIFE
REVOLUTION
I DON'T CARE
ONE MORE REASON
LIVE WIRE
NEVER ENOUGH
PIECE OF YOUR ACTION
----------------------
LOOKS THAT KILL
SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

And they started the show with Diary Of A Madman coming through the PA, and when it gets to that awesome heavy riff at the end the volume CRANKED, the stage lights started flashing and Nikki, Tracii and the crew walk out on stage posing while everyone is chanting and pumping their fists to Diary haha, then as soon as it finished, boom straight into Shut The Fuck Up!

Wow Trent Melbourne got ripped off! They played heaps more old stuff in Sydney, even one of the songs from "Waking the Dead" which was a real surprise and they would have done more except Xena heard Nikki backstage saying they wouldn't go back on because the crush at the front was too bad, which is true because Xena nearly died. Motley Crue should not reform now. They couldn't hope to be better than Brides of Destruction. I don't think even Velvet Revolver will be better live.

There's no way Velvet Revolver will be as good as Brides.

I'd still rather see Motley though, because I love Vince Neil & Tommy Lee... if Mick is too sick to play though, screw him and get Tracii on guitar hahah!

Heh. Well I was talking about this with Xena this morning. Nikki's the only one who's really into the Motley reunion thing. Tommy isn't really into it, Vince is a joke these days and poor old Mick probably couldn't last out a large scale tour. London was so good on the Motley songs, I say BOD should do the tour instead: one full set doing Brides stuff (they'll have new songs by then), then a second set just doing Motley.

Personally my 2 biggest highlights of the night were the 2 LA Guns songs.

Vince ain't that bad. He doesn't even look as bad as people make out. Nikki is just as big as Vince on Lewd Crued & Tattooed and still is now, and its not like Vince is all wrinkled or has bad hairdos and clothes like Axl & Jani Lane do haha, he still looks pretty cool, just a bit chubby. And still performs pretty well, but just needs to not skip all the words. That's my opinion anyway. He isn't as bad as people make out I don't think.

Now Jani Lane....

Sounds like they hit the spot, Goreripper I think ralphe went on friday nite I am guessimg you went on saturday. its a pity the sound on the Bootleg of BOD they I got off ebay has poor sound , they visions ok clear, etc but hey I should have got off my ass & went to the gig but shit happens