Tech Death

Vithon

Jul 25, 2009
Ohio
I'm looking for technical death metal bands that are... well, very technical. I already listen to most of the recommendations in other threads.

Some of my favorites:
- The Faceless (Favorite tech death band, so bands like them would be awesome.)
- Beneath the Massacre
- Psycroptic
- Dying Fetus
- Necrophagist
- Cryptopsy
- Anata
- Gorod
- Decrepit Birth
- Demilich
- Neuraxis
- Severed Savior
- Prostitute Disfigurement (new)

Would be cool if it was melodic technical (like Neuraxis, Anata, etc.) or brutal technical (like Prostitute Disfigurement, Beneath the Massacre, etc.). But more bonus points if it's like The Faceless and isn't deathcore.

Fractal Point - The Bizarre Machinery of Universe (AWESOME)
Pavor - Furioso
Sickening Horror - When Landscapes Bled Backwards
Drottnar - Welterwerk (technical black/death metal)

Damn. I listened to one of Fractal Point's songs on their MySpace. Pretty awesome. And I couldn't find any of their stuff on what.cd. O_O

Pavor sounds pretty awesome from YouTube. Reminds me of !T.O.O.H.! (which is always good).

I've heard of Sickening Horror (only heard OF) since George Kollias was their drummer. Which pretty much means I need to listen to them.

The idea of Drottnar (technical black metal) sounds cool, but I just can't get into anything Christian. My mind kind of gets over the music and keeps thinking "Ugh... Christianity...".

So I found an album from Pavor, Sickening Horror, Theory in Practice, and Fractal Point.

I already have Obscura. They're pretty awesome. I'm still just "wtf"ing at how high the bass is in the mix.

You've probably already heard of them but I'll mention Brain Drill, just in case. A lot of people here don't like them but you may want to give them a shot and see what you think.

Yeah, I already listen to Brain Drill. Have their Apocalyptic Feasting album. They're a lot like Beneath the Massacre.

BrainDrill are terrible imo.

Here's a few u should check out:

Dungortheb - Waiting For Silence
Lost Soul - Immerse in Infinity
Emeth - Telesis
Gorod - Process of a New Decline
Miseration - The Mirroring Shadow

Gorod is amazing. Disavow Your God has magical time-bending powers.
I'll check out the others...

Old School Tech Death.

Disincarnate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for technical death metal bands that are... well, very technical. I already listen to most of the recommendations in other threads.

Some of my favorites:
- The Faceless (Favorite tech death band, so bands like them would be awesome.)
- Beneath the Massacre
- Psycroptic
- Dying Fetus
- Necrophagist
- Cryptopsy
- Anata
- Gorod
- Decrepit Birth
- Demilich
- Neuraxis
- Severed Savior
- Prostitute Disfigurement (new)

Would be cool if it was melodic technical (like Neuraxis, Anata, etc.) or brutal technical (like Prostitute Disfigurement, Beneath the Massacre, etc.). But more bonus points if it's like The Faceless and isn't deathcore.

Deus Invictus (from Atlanta, of all places..and along the lines of The Faceless)
Panzerchrist is also good

**edit - www.myspace.com/deusinvictus **

Viraemia are sickeningly tech if you want to have a shot at their EP.
I also add my +1 to Gorod, PoND is a very good album but I prefer Neurotripsicks and Leading Vision.