Tech Help: I can't import/upload video from camcorder to computer

Altitudes

Stay Frosty
Jun 18, 2007
California
Before you say "Read the manual" or "Internet lol", I have been trying to do this for the past 2 hours. I can upload stills but when I open the video program (Corel GuideMenu) I am unable to get further than this screen...

importscreenHALP.jpg

I have also downloaded Windows Movie Editor and I get a message saying "video capture device (the camcorder?) not detected".

Any ideas?

Well, what kind of camcoder is it? Analog or digital (using a cassete or HDD to record)?? That's one question.

Second, when you connect the camcoder to the PC it should assign it a letter, which I suggest you try choosing on that screen you posted (the screenshot is showing your DVD-RW drive).

If it doesn't work, maybe you're using a wrong function. In any case, let me know if you've had any luck.

EDIT: Read your last line. If the thing is not showing up on the PC at all, check if you've installed all the drivers for it and if it's connected properly. If it's not showing up only in WME, maybe it's not compatible w/ WME who knows...

Yeah, the computer recognizes it (Canon DC330). It came with Corel Editor but when I go through the steps shown in the manual I don't get the same window shown in the picture.

So is the camcorder not on the list in the pic you posted?

It seems like you're doing sth wrong, but I've no idea, I haven't done this before. Maybe try searching/posting on some canon camcorder-related forums, could be helpful.

Well... good luck. Can't wait to see ur vid ;)

Ok. I wouldn't want you reporting me for a harmless joke. Whatever you have to hide you can stop worrying.

In fact, go cry elsewhere.

*ignore list*

I find this thread amusing, as a mere of fact of lucidous dreams wherever waiting the rain to fall or not, this thread achieves to win one mind blowing techno indian award. :kickass: