Technical Death Metal

Nile is not Technical Death Metal IMO.

Decapitated (Excellent)
Gorod (Excellent)
Anata
Carcariass (Less Death-y but excellent. More similar to later Coroner)
Decrepit Birth
Dying Fetus (some)
Fractured Insanity
Gorguts
Gory Blister (Excellent)
Martyr
Necrophagist
Odious Mortem
Quo Vadis
Spawn of Possession
Yattering

Necrophagist and Yattering are sort of hit and miss with most metal fans. You either like them or you don't. I do.

Nile is not Technical Death Metal IMO.

Decapitated (Excellent)
Gorod (Excellent)
Anata
Carcariass (Less Death-y but excellent. More similar to later Coroner)
Decrepit Birth
Dying Fetus (some)
Fractured Insanity
Gorguts
Gory Blister (Excellent)
Martyr
Necrophagist
Odious Mortem
Quo Vadis
Spawn of Possession
Yattering

Necrophagist and Yattering are sort of hit and miss with most metal fans. You either like them or you don't. I do.

These bands are all excellent. Thanks!

Augury.

Come on Dak, you're slipping. :cool:

I actually shouldn't talk, because I don't really listen to much tech death. I just happen to like Augury.

As much as I like Augury, I don't quite know if it really falls under Tech Death. Maybe if the umbrella is a wide one, but they incorporate too many other elements. I did have to think about it before omitting it.

Punish - Raptus
Sickening Horror - When Landscapes Bled Backwards
Neoplasmah - Sidereal Passage
Pitbulls in the Nursery - Lunatic

some more stuff.

Augury incorporates influences from disparate genres outside of the canon of technical death metal. I can see how people would characterize them as such though. Technical death metal usually still sounds rooted in DM, whereas progressive DM may utilize bizarre instrumentation, exotic structures (which are not just the result of "technicality" aka key shifts, time signature shifts, etc.) and shit like operatic vocals like Augury :cool:

Technical DM focuses mainly on intricate timing and precision drum and guitar work with Death Metal rhythms and tone.

Augury incorporates extra sonic effects and more melodic passages and less Death Metal tone but maintains some technicality.

Edit: Post Jump, Andy said it better.

- The Chasm
- Dying Fetus
- Gorod
- Aeon
- Neurosis
- Psycroptic
- Demilich
- Decrepit Birth
- Obscura
- Origin
- Anata
- The Faceless
- Beneath the Massacre
- Monstrosity
- Blood Red Throne
- Spawn of Possession
- Decapitated
- Vital Remains
- Benighted
- Gorguts
- Hate Eternal
- Cryptopsy

Some awesome listage going on here. I love lists. I also love technical death metal, hence i love lists of technical death metal.

Can't go wrong with Decrepit Birth. Diminishing between worlds is always 100% awesome.

Some more;

* Carcariass
* Necrophagist
* Visceral Bleeding
* Appaling Spawn
* Incinerate