Technical Metal Band Seeks Drummer

Wavebreaker

Apollo Rises!!!!
Jul 28, 2003
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Montreal's technical/progressive metal band Faces of Horizon is seeking a replacement for the drummer position.
The candidates must be at the top of their games, as the music is very complex and the drums in particular are highly tehnical.
Also, complete seriousness and dedication to a career in music is needed.

The band's music draws on inspiration from the best of all genres, from prog, technical, black, death, thrash, and power metal, so versatility is a key factor. A strong command of rhythm theory in particular is needed.

Generally, the drum style needed resembles a cross between Richard Cristy, Gene Hoglan, Sean Reinert, Asgeir Mickelson, Van Williams, and Martin Lopez, but the band is open to individual interpretation of the material.

Contact at:
faces_of_horizon@sympatico.ca
:headbang:
The Breaker
Faces Of Horizon

I know a guy named Roland who might be able to help you out. He can play as technical and as fast as needed, AND he will NEVER fuck your girlfriend.

Hmm... won't fuck our girlfriends, that's good!

And thanks, Dead6Skin, I empathize with you. Like Nevermore's revolving-door guitarist, we've gone through a bucket-load of drummers over the last few years, and no one just seems to be good enough or even to fit in in personality.

Hey, Nicodemix, are you serious about this Roland fellow? Sounds about right, it's a matter of whether he is in our area, or willing to relocate if he's really into our suff...

Wavebreaker said:
we've gone through a bucket-load of drummers over the last few years, and no one just seems to be good enough or even to fit in in personality.

spontaneous combustion? :lol:

ct_thrash said:
spontaneous combustion? :lol:

:D Not quite!

No, it was mainly a question of professionalism. They were all good drummers, but they had a general tendency to not practice enough and do their home work... With our type of music every individual had to be prepared and in shape for every rehearsal.
Also these guys were generally already in other bands (that's usually how we found them) and didn't really feel the need to challenge themselves.

Most importantly, though, even the best of them just couldn't pull off some of the more intricate passages (which forced us to compromise the music, a big no-no).

Which is why we need a monster... :headbang:

metalskater7 said:
kick out your bassist and recruit me
i know a very technical drummer but hes already in a band...sowwy

You'd come from NY? :tickled:
Sorry dude, we're pretty happy with our guy, he's a real soldier. And there's something about fretless 5-string that I just love too much...
The dude rips! :worship: