Techno,Rave,Dance,Electronica

I like some electroinc music, mostly hardcore and some rap. There's a guide I found once, I'll post the link when I can find it.

I've been listening to a lot of trance lately. Don't really like much of the other electronic stuff. Got a few mix cds, and I've been addicted to them.

I like trance and some other electronic music. Some of it is just annoying, but its good to listen to when I just want to relax.

i like electronic and proggressive hip hop in this general area of music. at times i'll dig trance, drum and bass as long as its not the mixable crap that can be found at discos. i do indulge in a few goth ebm stuff which stipped down is kinda gay and mixable for discos... oops.

I mostly despise electronic music. However, I have been getting into some live-tronica or organic electronic or whatever u wanna call it lately. For those of you who aren't familiar with this kind of music, its basically jam-band style improvisation mimicking electronic sounds. I love Sound Tribe Sector 9 and Lotus. Otherwise, techno gets way too repetitive and boring for me.

I like some of the older industrial type stuff ie.ministry,front line assembly,skinny puppy etc, i also like crystal method,chemical bros. and prodigy.just one form of the many types of music i like.

hibernal_dream said:
What about IDM? ("intelligent dance music") Autechre, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada are great.
yeah i like that stuff, idm is really good.
dont know if they are really idm but beefcake is amazing. dark electronica with orquestral landscapes \m/

hibernal_dream said:
What about IDM? ("intelligent dance music") Autechre, Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada are great.

Hell yes! Im a huge IDM fan. I dont have the time of day for the fruity techno and trance, but the rythems, textures, and soundscapes created by people like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, Chris Clark, Prefuse 73, and many others are some of my favorite music ever. I listen to it more than metal. :D

alot of it is really complex and hardcore and i think could be appericated by some of you metal guys if given a chance.

rave is the shit, house techno is the best because its the "prog" version of techno, a little virtousity, dance is filled with "poppy" stuff especially in eurodance, but i still love it. electronica is my least favorite because it seems every dj is remixing another dj's hits, which gets old real fast. overall its a fantastic sub genres.

I'm way into drum n bass (Concord Dawn remake of Raining Blood :) plus some of their other songs (Unreal) with guitar solos and metal influences rule), also Psycedelic trance like Hallucinogen and psycedelic ambient trance like Shpongle and Ott

Not necessarily the genres you pointed out, but I'm a fan of a lot of darkwave; bands such as Project Pitchfork, Element a440, Front 242, Apoptygma Berzerk, Razed in black, etc.