Tell me about Katatonia Live

Generous

Aug 29, 2003
Italy
Visit site
Can you tell me how are Katatonia in a perfomance Live?
I never saw a Katatonia's concert...but I heard some voices : they aren't good in performance live...I hope that all you...give me different and good opinions from that one.Tnx

i saw some video of their live performance, and heard a live CD that some guy compiled. i think it's pretty good. i havent been to one of their concerts since theyve never come to North america.

The last time I saw them live, they were supporting Opeth on their tour in 2001, they sucked a little bit. They played all the songs 1/3 faster than on cd. Especially the songs from LFDGD were destroyed by this. They acted very emotionsless, it was a pity. Don´t understand me wrong I like Katatonia very much, especially the last 3 CDs but this evening they disappointed me...

Katatonia are a really great live band!!! First of all: They LOOK good. And then, as we learn on their member profiles, the SMELL good. No ugly Rock'n'Roll stench, no, expensive perfumes! Their clothes had all the same colour: BLACK! (Black rules!). Also Blackheim rules. Even if he looks a bit pale, he rocks. I was surprised by Fred: all the great solos, I expected to be played by Blackheim, Fred played (Blackheim was busy with rocking...). And they sounded perfect. Also he rocked. A bit...
Mattias is always drunk (even if he's not drunk...he looks drunk...that's all that counts) and kicks ass.
Jonas, after he realized, that he's on stage, always stroke the right note, seriously, one of the best vocal performances, and his pocketslapping will be the new trend in Heavy Metal (On summer breeze, I saw THE BIG Finntroll pocketslapping...).
And Daniel is the only drummer who would be able to play the drumming I programmed on my drum computer (and drum computers don't have timing problems...so Daniel also hasn't...)

Conclusion: They're the best!

salisbury said:
Katatonia are a really great live band!!! First of all: They LOOK good. And then, as we learn on their member profiles, the SMELL good. No ugly Rock'n'Roll stench, no, expensive perfumes! Their clothes had all the same colour: BLACK! (Black rules!). Also Blackheim rules. Even if he looks a bit pale, he rocks. I was surprised by Fred: all the great solos, I expected to be played by Blackheim, Fred played (Blackheim was busy with rocking...). And they sounded perfect. Also he rocked. A bit...
Mattias is always drunk (even if he's not drunk...he looks drunk...that's all that counts) and kicks ass.
Jonas, after he realized, that he's on stage, always stroke the right note, seriously, one of the best vocal performances, and his pocketslapping will be the new trend in Heavy Metal (On summer breeze, I saw THE BIG Finntroll pocketslapping...).
And Daniel is the only drummer who would be able to play the drumming I programmed on my drum computer (and drum computers don't have timing problems...so Daniel also hasn't...)

Conclusion: They're the best!

ha ha, that's it!
I think with the last tour they improved so much, it was an extraordinary experience to attend their concerts.
This line-up is simply perfect there is nothing to change!

katatonia were fucking brilliant when i seen them earlier in may.....but if you think they aint that great etc it wouldnt change ur mind when u seen them but if u love them and their music you will fuckin love it!

I DID!!!

I would think that Katatonia's music would translate rather well in a live setting. I've heard mixed opinions on this, and as I reside in America I unfortunately do not get to see them. I did however catch their 2000 Metalfest performance in Milwaukee (which I drove 15 straight hours to see), and though it was overwhelming to actually see them in the flesh, their performance was sadly lacking. Jonas was very obviously nervous and struggled the entire set with hitting certain notes and keeping in key. I got the chance to meet and talk with the band afterwards and Jonas did tell me that they felt it was a worthless show. He also said that the conditions of the festival were terrible and they could not even use their own equipment. I have this show on video and I pull it out once in a while to relive the memory...I honestly thought I would never see them. Now I am begging them to come to the U.S. so that I can witness them perform the material off of the last two amazing albums.

Well, I saw them in 2000 in Warsaw, when they were playing together with Opeth...I have to say that the club probably had some problems with the equipment, as the sound was rather poor...And this year they were in Poland once again, but unfortunatelly that day I had an examination at the University...shit..