Tell me about Lamb of God

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
They have two albums from what I know. One of them is called As the Palaces Burn. I think Devin Townsend produced it. He also did Natural Born Chaos of Soilwork. While I thought the production was brilliant, I didn't like the album compared to their back catalog. I do like Townsend's stuff with SYL and solo too. Where does Lamb of God stand? I've heard some people call them metalcore or thrashcore or whatever. So tell me what do they really sound like? Metal? Guitar solos? Death vocals?

Metalcore is a good description, although they play a bit faster stuff than most metalcore bands and don't do the slow breakdown quite as often as others. The vocals are more screamed hardcore vocals and not the deep growl.

Quite honestly I didn't like Devin's production as much as Steve Austin's that did the first one for the simple reason that it fits the music better. I liked Devin's production on the December album though.

PS: I am not too fond of LOG or December, I think there are a lot better bands that play music like that.

Mezarkabul said:
They have two albums from what I know. One of them is called As the Palaces Burn. I think Devin Townsend produced it. He also did Natural Born Chaos of Soilwork. While I thought the production was brilliant, I didn't like the album compared to their back catalog. I do like Townsend's stuff with SYL and solo too. Where does Lamb of God stand? I've heard some people call them metalcore or thrashcore or whatever. So tell me what do they really sound like? Metal? Guitar solos? Death vocals?
I'm confused, have you heard Lamb of God or not?

Nevermind now I know how to read.

My description of Lamb of God without using categories of which I have no idea what they mean:

Heavy as hell - heavy ass vocals and guitars. Lots of double bass. BIG fucking riffs. They do have guitar solos yes.