TELL ME ABOUT: local junk food that non-locals just wouldnt understand

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
nLG5l.jpg

FRENCH HOT DOG

it's a (usually low-quality) hot dog. stuck inside a baguette with a hole in it (hence the "french") with lots of sticky cheap sauces. the gas station favourite.

bUNan.png

PARISARE
a northern sweden specialty

it's like a hamburger but it has a big slice of sausage instead of the burger. the sausage is essentially falukorv but in a bigger format. usually with bostongurka and mustard on it. ketchup optional

QJ0u3.jpg

RULLPIZZA
a very local thing from umeå

it's a small pizza rolled up into some aluminum foil, and inside a bunch of lettuce, tomatos and onions + lots of sticky sauce

XsmEE.jpg

KEBABPIZZA

its a big ol' pizza with lots of kebab meat, cheap/yucky sauces, those awful pickled fefferoni peppers, and sometimes (yes) even fries and/or lettuce on it. this is what you eat in sweden when you're drunk have a hangover.

i hope this has been educational. now post your weird shit no one outside your city/state/country would ever stuff in their faces

LIVERMUSH

4701545ff6d8364ab927c094a3b9e7a3.wix_mp

It's only available in North Carolina and here and there in a couple other Southern states. It's made from ground up pig liver, corn meal and spices. It comes in blocks at the grocery store, after which it is cut into slices and fried in a frying pan. It's best when the outside it a bit crispy but the inside is still sort of soft. It's typically a breakfast food, like sausage, served in redneck diners across the state. It is sometimes served on a roll or biscuit. No sauces needed.

liver_mush2.JPG

livermush-frying400.jpg

Sounds gross, I know, but it is fucking DEEEEEEEE-LISH!!! It was such a breakfast staple growing up that I was shocked to find out it was just a regional dish--and a very small region at that.

damn that looks delish (@ Necro waffle)

we don't really have anything NY specific ... BAGEL maybe?

but I have access to very specific foods from around the world.

heck right now I am eating chicken and rice from an Egyptian street vendor.