Tell me about your CPUS! & Can they withhold a complete session?

I am using 44.1...96k made a huge hit on my cpu. So I can see were your coming from.

sparkyness said:
You can rename plugs in Sonar 5. It's a little cumbersome, but can do it via plug-in manager...

That's one really weird thing I find with Sonar. I had Cubase installed before, so a lot of my VST are in the Steinberg/VST folder - the ones that were already there are all neatly in folders, but any I've added since and all the ones in the Cakewalk VST folder are just added on the end of the list regardless.

Version 6 sounds almost worth it just for sorting that out :lol:

Steve

been a bit slow on this one dude.....

I'm using a dual core amd 2x2.2 (i think) 3 gig ram sx 3 and PT 7.something!

I usually get (away) into around 60-100 tracks, 20 tracks for dums and most guitars tracked with 2 57's and a di. I tend to only freeze for monitor mixes as it tends to make vocal sessions a bit "safer"....but then i unfreze everything for a mix (i dislike freezing during mix down unless i absolutly have to as i find it can slow down creativity)

i do cheat tho cos i got uad-1 and a tc pc (and i'm dying to get a liquid mix or nuendo... bring on pc drivers)

when i upgraded i recived not much more power untill i downloaded the special amd addons then BAM loads of new head room!

Best pc i'v run in the studio to date (hope that helps kev)

C