Templates

adrianvillan

Metal Commando.
Mar 31, 2004
The ruins of Los Angeles
Hey Guys
care to share any template set ups, Im mostly wondering how you guys set up effects in the chain. Do you put a compressoR first before an eq or visa versa?? Also wondering how you guys bus reverbs and delays. I tend to do it different everytime.

adrianvillan said:
Hey Guys
care to share any template set ups, Im mostly wondering how you guys set up effects in the chain. Do you put a compressoR first before an eq or visa versa?? Also wondering how you guys bus reverbs and delays. I tend to do it different everytime.

Usually the eq goes in the end of the chain. If you talk about mastering.
Sometimes I eq first and compress after when recording or mixing ex: a bass or a Hihat.

with reverbs and delays I use the Aux Sends with a bus or if its only a single effext I use the inserts

There are a lot of factors that you must think about before you take an option.

Ah! " The Mob Rules" eh?!
Very good choice!

thanks guys! So with 4 guitars would you bus that to an aux and eq all at the same time or 2 sets of aux for left and right or eq each individual guitar? When I open a new session for every song they all tend to sound different. I get better continuity when I record different songs in the same session. Ive tried saving my setting but they still dont come colse.