TENACIOUS D - pick of destiny

Gotta disagree with ya Gas,

Although I like the opening song with meatloaf, the plot is thin and not all that funny. I've seen better stories told on Burger King Place mats.

I'm down with the D in concept and some tunes, but Momo gives this flick two thumbs way down.

But WTF do I know ? I'm just some Momo from Long Island

Momo

I agee Momo...a complete waste of time...the opening and even the video for the title song is cool. I couldn't watch past that horribe mushroom eating sequence...that was one of the worst things ever put on film.

I agee Momo...a complete waste of time...the opening and even the video for the title song is cool. I couldn't watch past that horribe mushroom eating sequence...that was one of the worst things ever put on film.

I have to agree. I only got 30 minutes in and had to stop. My only regret is that I'll never get that half hour back...

I love this movie except that dumbass sasquatch part. Dave Grohl as Satan is totally hilarious.
YES YOU ARE FUCKED, SHIT OUT OF LUCK NOW I'M COMPLETE AND MY COCK YOU WILL SUCK!!!!!!!!

Was this movie worse than say, You Me and Dupree? I never turn movies off before they are over. Dupree and The Crow II are the only two that come to mind as sucking out loud.

Was this movie worse than say, You Me and Dupree? I never turn movies off before they are over. Dupree and The Crow II are the only two that come to mind as sucking out loud.

Yeah that Dupree thing was garbage.

The absolute worst movie I've seen in years was the chick flick The Holiday or something like that. It was Jack Black:puke:, Jude Law:puke:, Cameron Diaz:Smokin: and Kate Winslet:Smokin:. What an absolute nightmare. I watched it with my wife...we both thought it was torture. Jack Black was at his very worst and completely miscast...not that there could be proper casting for such a horror show.

I'm not a Jack Black fan...not in films, anyway...he has one routine and that's it. It worked in Hi Fidelity and Orange County, but then we've seen it all. Even School of Rock is over-rated...th kids made that movie...he just did his same old schtick. The coolest thing about that movie was the MOD sticker in the dressing room.

The Pick of Destiny was a great movie! It pretty much kept me entertained and chuckling the entire way through. Jack Black though I think is better in small doses, such as bit roles like in Anchorman, or his old HBO show Tenacious D.

The music is great though. JB and KG are pretty good musicians in my opinion. I still prefer the old HBO series though. It had [SIZE=-1]Mark McKinney in an episode!
[/SIZE]

ill agree that not everything jack black does is good, in fact the only other movie that he stars in that i like is saving silverman. but will farrell IS someone that is better in small doses. he was classic on snl, but anchorman sucked, i wont watch talladhega nights, he was in old school and wedding crashers just enough, but other than that im not feeling him. its all personal taste though.

ill agree that not everything jack black does is good, in fact the only other movie that he stars in that i like is saving silverman. but will farrell IS someone that is better in small doses. he was classic on snl, but anchorman sucked, i wont watch talladhega nights, he was in old school and wedding crashers just enough, but other than that im not feeling him. its all personal taste though.

Yeah...Will Farrell is another one...I can'r bring myself to watch Taladega Nights, but that skating movie might pull me in...although I'm sure I'll be pissed.

I like Anchorman, but for Paul Rudd and Steve Carrel. I think those two are hilarious. Paul Rudd is great in everything he does, from Anchorman, to 40 year old Virgin and Knocked up. Talladega Nights was TERRIBLE. Blades of Glory was TERRIBLE. He was good in Old School and Wedding Crashers though that is for sure.