"Terminus (where death is most alive)" video uploaded!

@rahvin: do you think this is a real video? you must be kidding me. come on, DT would never make official such a video. I will wait for the true one to be released. Or, better, I'll wait for martin h to get durnk at the gods of metal and then ask him the truth :)

I'm puzzled by your reaction....
Not in a bad way, to be sure, but I'm surprised by all the incredulity. I'm honestly interested in knowing why it shocks you so that this is the actual video. Is it because Lego is a registered trademark? Is it because the song strikes a chord deep in you?

I'm puzzled by your reaction....
Not in a bad way, to be sure, but I'm surprised by all the incredulity. I'm honestly interested in knowing why it shocks you so that this is the actual video. Is it because Lego is a registered trademark? Is it because the song strikes a chord deep in you?

come on, rahvin. you can stop kidding me :Smug: :Smug: :Smug: :Smug:

I personally like the idea of such an 'un-flashy' video. Hell, after viewing, I sent a text to my sister telling her that the inventiveness / simplicity of the 'Ok Go' video she loved had been trumped. (My opinion, of course.)

~kov.

It was put together so well I didn't even notice they were legos till i read some of the posts.

@rahvin + Nt3N: Quit trolling each other.

The video is awesome! It's a great idea aswell! Everyone got bored of the same old stuff videos where the band just stands at one corner and plays. So here's something no one would have thought of. :)

I'm confused if they were just legos how were they singing playing and moving by themselves?

I wonder how much time was put into this. I mean, on all shots the lego have to be moved... If one day I have some time and I find my PlayMobil box from when I used to be a child, then I'll make a playmobil version of some random DT song..

What are you talking about? Send links please.

White stripes are a two piece band who make really inventive videos. a few years back they did a video which was entirely stop frame animated lego, only they did it sort of by drawing images in and with the lego... hard to describe. it was very very well done though. They even did it themselves (the animating and model building).

Hahaha, I love it.

It must have taken forever to make that. I hope it is the official promo.
With the right software it doesn't actually take that long. It looks like he'd gone for either 12 or 8 frames a second, and he also used a few loops here and there on the shots of the band rocking out. The editing and timing is obviously the hardest part, but practically it shouldn't have taken that long to animate.