Terrorism

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Terrorism today is a subject of utmost importance. Politicians throw around the word to instill fear in the hearts of prospective voters and justify wars, invasive laws, and outrageous government spending. The media exploits the fear--remember the recent second round of london bombings when the media went crazy over almost nothing.

And then, there are the terrorists themselves. What makes a terrorist believe killing infidels will lead to a change in Britain and America's foreign policy? Why kill innocents instead of focusing on previous anarchists and terrorists eventually effective strategy of killing important officials (Russians, Irish, Israelis)?

Do terrorists actuallly believe they will be rewarded in heaven? Are they doing Allah's work? And do the terrorists have a point? Are they the last stand of religion against the secular deified state? By invoking god instead of the even more abstract idea of the secular state, do they have a point? Is a life worth more sacrificed to a God, or to a flag? Or, in the Palestinian case, are they so oppressed and feel they have no future, that their lives mean nothing?

Finally, how about us? How many Americans' have ever ruminated upon the significance of the attacks on the commercial and military centers of our country? Do any of us Americans' realize that most of the world despises our way of life and foreign policy?

Just a few questions I hope are taken seriously, and not in a outrageous foxnews like manner.

Yeah, terrorists believe that they will go to heaven, and that their work is what Alah/God wants in the same way of people that burned other people for "practicing" devil worship...

Do I think that USA is wrong in many ways? Yes. Do I understand why the terrorists do what they do? Yes. Do I think that they are right to do so? No.

But in the end we all are media worshipers... When I look at media I see two things: Americans are fat, greedy, decadent culture and that Muslims are terrorists. Becouse of the bands like Exodus, Testament, Dying Fetus and Tool I know that it is not completly true... As for the Muslim, there are hardly any spokesman of good...

Yes the terrorist do believe they will go to heaven, and God will praise them for what they did in London, and NYC. But to tell you the truth.....Don't tell anyone. But I'd prefer it if the terorist would quit killing innocent people, and try to snipe Mr. Bush while he is on a speech somehwere. That man has done as much or even more damage than the terorist have.

So what if the rest of the world hates us? You have to realize not everyone is going to like you. Hey! Atleast we have England on our side.

speed said:
Terrorism today is a subject of utmost importance. Politicians throw around the word to instill fear in the hearts of prospective voters and justify wars, invasive laws, and outrageous government spending. The media exploits the fear--remember the recent second round of london bombings when the media went crazy over almost nothing.

I strongly believe that the government hires said terrorist for this reason you pointed out.

the gov has muslim people who hire hatefilled muslim people to commit suicide or even just plant the bombs, probbably for lots of $ for them or their family.

I mean when the gov has control over the media, they can do what they want and report ANYTHING that would accomplish thier agenda. Right now Im sure the us gov is trying to take away freedom, by using a threat that has no home, and therefore, could last forever.

what r the chances of the second bombing happining when they are thinking about renewing the patiot act?

some things about these bombings don't make sense.

Silver Incubus said:
You are all saying terriorits think X. I doubt you have met these terroists to know what they think. WHo told yo this, the media?

No. I have listed a number of motives, and I hope others will contribute different motives, and discuss any and all that come up. FRom the variety of my motives one would expect your question would not come up; I am not making this an objective exercise here. I am not a terrorism pyschologist or professor who seeks to waste your and my time with some systematic system of terrorism psychology ( as if their "science" has any idea of the motives for terrorism) If it is incomprehensible for you to imagine why a terrorist would think certain ways, then you will never understand them, or their cause--a condition shared by most Americans and American politicians.

And sorry if I seem a bit harsh and condescending, but your question irked me. I was quite irked in fact.

Silver Incubus said:
I strongly believe that the government hires said terrorist for this reason you pointed out.

Have no fear: this is just a symptom of having an irrational, conspiracy-theory deriving mindset. :)

What "government?" Are you referring to our government? In that case you're a deluded moron who can't grasp the simple concept of values that people believe and try to uphold who doesn't believe in Occam's Razor.

the gov has muslim people who hire hatefilled muslim people to commit suicide or even just plant the bombs, probbably for lots of $ for them or their family.

Do you realize how idiotic you sound?

Once again, what in your mother's unholy orifice is "the gov?" I also dig the down-tuned tone, man. Not to mention the fact that your supposed terrorists' motives are way off the mark.

I mean when the gov has control over the media, they can do what they want and report ANYTHING that would accomplish thier agenda. Right now Im sure the us gov is trying to take away freedom, by using a threat that has no home, and therefore, could last forever.

"The gov" does not have control of the media, You're blathering incoherently - I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to remove your head from your anus.

what r the chances of the second bombing happining when they are thinking about renewing the patiot act?

some things about these bombings don't make sense.

Brilliant deductions. Do you, sir, consider yourself a liberal or a conservative?

You are all saying terriorits think X. I doubt you have met these terroists to know what they think. WHo told yo this, the media?

I'd like you to meet my friend induction...

Iridium said:
Have no fear: this is just a symptom of having an irrational, conspiracy-theory deriving mindset. :)
It's not actually that absurd, with the constant threat of terrorism the government is given an excuse to increase power and control over people, removing privacy rights and in the end, turning the whole country into a police state (not unlike the book 1984...?)

I know that here, since the london bombings, the government is introducing a plan to allow police to do random bag searches, without probable cause.

Iridium said:

What "government?" Are you referring to our government? In that case you're a deluded moron who can't grasp the simple concept of values that people believe and try to uphold who doesn't believe in Occam's Razor.

Do you realize how idiotic you sound?

Once again, what in your mother's unholy orifice is "the gov?" I also dig the down-tuned tone, man. Not to mention the fact that your supposed terrorists' motives are way off the mark.

"The gov" does not have control of the media, You're blathering incoherently - I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to remove your head from your anus.

Brilliant deductions. Do you, sir, consider yourself a liberal or a conservative?

I'd like you to meet my friend induction...

what can i say, i see the big picture here.
I bet u believe that an airplane knocked the WTC down. NOt something like controlled demolitoins. Why do I think that? because you obviously believe the media and not common sense

Let me get this straight, a Boening 737, with plenty of fuel left in its tanks, impacting, and then exploding (after the fires from the crash weakened the infrastructure of the building) above the center of gravity of a skyscraper is something only a moron could come up with. Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor? Unless you've got some miracle-proof that will justify the addition of an utterly superfluous notion such as "controlled demolitoins" [sic], there is no reason whatsoever to believe the tripe you're spewing. You've got a considerably apparent superiority complex that is not even partially justified by your posts. I'd recommend engaging in sexual relations with a cactus.

ok you asked for it.

Proof 1: Video evidence, and expert testimonials of controlled demolition. Meaning it fell inward.

Proof 2: Fuel from an airplane CANNOT melt steel, ever. NEVER, in the history of man has a steel structure fallen because of fire.

Proof 3: The only thing that could pulverize cement to dust, and melt steel, the way it was, would be controlled demolitions

Proof 4: Silversteen, the owner of those buildings took out a record amount of insurance on all those buildings 6 months b4 the attacks. Also, building 7 which also fell, was "pulled" (those words from Silversteen's own mouth from a pbs documentry). Pulled means to destroy it with demolitions. Also, building 7 was the CIA and FBI headquarters in new york.

there is more but I have put enough to prove my point.

S.I.,

if you're trying to avoid coming off as delusional, let's work on being logical first. For instance

Proof 1: Video evidence, and expert testimonials of controlled demolition. Meaning it fell inward.

Your conclusion is in no way set up. You're casing the proof rather than proving the case. I think what you're trying to say is that there was "expert testimonials" (what does that mean, anyhow) that studied the videos of the falling building against known videos of buildings falling (or collapsing) from controlled demolition and the conclusion drawn was that the trade centers were the result of controlled demolition. Still, this presents a grey area for a biased study. I'm not sure you'll recognize that though.

Proof 2: Fuel from an airplane CANNOT melt steel, ever. NEVER, in the history of man has a steel structure fallen because of fire.

as an Ironworker, I beg to differ. Steel structures do burn, the iron beems will melt from the heat of flames. Once again though, you're taking an exception -- something that has never happened before -- and trying to form it into a rule. Of course no other building has been felled in the way that the trade centers were, that's why the incident never happened before. See how that works?

ask yourself if an airplane has ever exploded as a result of crashing. Search for stats on that.

Proof 3: The only thing that could pulverize cement to dust, and melt steel, the way it was, would be controlled demolitions

To pull off a statement like that, in the eyes of this Ironworker (read, I work with steel), you'd need to provide some study results. Furthermore, you're claiming an explosion wasn't the cause because the real cause was an explosion. Um, huh?

Proof 4: Silversteen, the owner of those buildings took out a record amount of insurance on all those buildings 6 months b4 the attacks. Also, building 7 which also fell, was "pulled" (those words from Silversteen's own mouth from a pbs documentry). Pulled means to destroy it with demolitions. Also, building 7 was the CIA and FBI headquarters in new york.

what? no, nevermind. this has to be a joke.

I guess citing the 9/11 Commission report as a source for discrediting all your useless verbal manstruation would be unacceptable?

Those websites have videos of the world trade center collapsing, as if they somehow prove their points...

When you make an assertion, you must support it with evidence, moron. That video does not prove your point. It simple displays an explosion in the WTC in slow motion, and I am inclined to believe that it was the plane that caused it.