Tesla!

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
I have been on a Tesla kick for a couple of months now. These guys have to be one of the best to come out of the hair bands. I'm not saying they were a hair band but they were kind of lumped in with them. They are just a great hard rockin' band. 'The Great Radio Controversy' is my favorite by them, I don't think there is a bad song on it. Their whole catalog is great including the latest. I will get to see them live finally here in June with Def Leppard. Something always seemed to happen whenever I was suppose to see them in the past. Hopefully this time nothing does. I'm also hoping Def Leppard breaks out some stuff from 'High N' Dry' and 'On through the Night'. I read somewhere they are going to play some older stuff, so let's hope it's true. Who else digs Tesla?

Hair Band?! I don't think so. I would have placed them in the same group as Hagar era Van Halen, more of straight forward, no gimmicks, rock n roll...
I love 'em saw them with Scorps last fall & they kicked ass.
The Leppard double disc Best of comes out next tuesday by the way...

Agreed... Tesla has never been a hair band... staright forward rock and roll infused with some blues IMO... and they are awesome live, have seen them twice in the past year or so...never was a huge fan, but they are good.

I Love Tesla! Awsome band they were always much heavier than mere Hair Band their tunes had power to em Bust a Nut is a Favorite and so is Great radio... and Mecanical Resonance .. Psychotic supper isnt bad but it does have some less than good moments on it .... but now that ya mention it I think I will put on some Tesla!

I definately wasn't calling them a hair band! They just got rolled up with all of them back in the day. They always stood far ahead and above most other bands from that era. The best thing they did was break up when they did now that I think about it. That 10 years or so off was perfect for them. 'Into the Now' is really a great comeback. They sound like them but not dated. Just enough of a modern touch to their style of music. I hope they can keep it together for a while!

Hawk said:
If Wyvern and me were playing in a glam band were the rest of the members were also bald. Would it still be a hair band? :lol:

Were have you been hiding? :wave:

Yes. But only if your lipstick and mascara were applied properly :lol:

SavaRon said:
Who else digs Tesla?

I love their debut and their followup. I've always considered them a hard rock band with some metal moments though. From a musician's perspective, I always though Keith and Hannon were well above average as well. Keith doesn't have the pipes he once did, but he;s still good. I saw them open for Ratt when they were on the "Mechanical Resonance" tour. They were very good.

Bryant

I've been a fan since I was a cocktail waitress at the Oasis Ballroom and they were then known as City Kidd. The guys have always played down home style rock-n-roll. If you have a chance to listen to some of their 'B' side work, they break out with some great covers!! The guys have done side projects, Sofa King, Bar 7 and recently Frankie Hannon has gone on tour with his band. They (Tesla) are playing this weekend in Anaheim, but no L.A. gigs. Always a pleasure to see Tesla as they kickass everytime!!!!

No fucking way are TESLA a hair band (other than that they happen to be a band whose members have hair). WTF is a hair band anyway?

Hawk said:
If Wyvern and me were playing in a glam band were the rest of the members were also bald. Would it still be a hair band? :lol:

I'm not sure but I'd pay good money to hear that!! :)

Hawk said:
Were have you been hiding? :wave:

Very busy these days. I still stop in here from time to time. Looks like there are a bunch of new posters here.... good to see the place is still kicking.