Def Leppard / Tesla in Tampa

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Went to this show last night. First off Tesla is the shit! I have been waiting to see these guys forever and finally I did. They were fantastic! Broke out with Comin' atcha Live first. Always loved that tune. Great opener. Song and Emotion was a highlight too. This was the first time they played with Lep since Steve Clark died. I was kind of expecting some of the DL guys to come out for that one but they didn't. The only problem is they only played 45 minutes. Not nearly long enough, should have gotten at least an hour.

Def Leppard, ehh what can I say. They sounded great and I was shocked at how good they could pull off the backing vocals. They didn't play anything old at all. First encore was Bringing on the Heartbreak and that was it for the first two albums. They played the whole frickin' Hysteria album I think. I don't know? Even the Pyromania tunes sounded real poppy to me. Very boring after about 5 songs.

Overall the show was good, but Tesla blew them away IMO.

SavaRon said:
Went to this show last night. First off Tesla is the shit! I have been waiting to see these guys forever and finally I did.

Tesla's a band I've always wanted to see but something always happened when I had the chance. I'm finally going to see them next month with Ted Nugent. They're playing on a Friday night in Cheyenne, Wyoming in a rodeo arena. I hope they watch their step on the way to the stage. :)

I hope they get longer to play with Nugent. A couple other things about the show. I would say there were about 12,000 people there. Great for a Tuesday and tickets being pricey as well. Crowd was very into both bands. It was pretty low production also. Just a stage and big video screen, nothing real fancy. I would guess they are making some killer $$$ on this tour.

I can't wait to see Tesla again, headlining. That will be the last time I see DL unless it's on some kind of package tour or something.

Judas Priest and Queensryche are up next week on Wednesday. Should be awesome. Only thing is it's outdoors and this time of year in Florida, isn't going to be fun. As hot as I will be, I am going to feel sorry for those guys on stage sweating thier balls off. Well I won't feel to sorry, they are getting paid! :loco:

SavaRon said:
I hope they get longer to play with Nugent.

Thanks! Me too! :)

SavaRon said:
I can't wait to see Tesla again, headlining. That will be the last time I see DL unless it's on some kind of package tour or something.

I'd definitely like to see them as headliners.

SavaRon said:
Judas Priest and Queensryche are up next week on Wednesday.

They're rolling through here later next month, I think. They're playing an outdoor venue here that I absolutely refuse to go to. They have to keep the sound low for noise ordinances and they cut the show off at 10:00 pm. All that and Ticketbastard's "convenience" charges are just too much. :err:

having seen Tesla a bunch on times, they've never put on a poor show. they always give it their all! DL last time I saw them ('04) was great, they played all the old classics. Sorry to hear for your show they were a bit weak. Glad you had a good time. Next up for me...Whitesnake on the 25th! Keep those metal reports coming! :headbang:

Seen Tesla live years ago around 1988 .... put on a great show.. i believe i have it on tape since me and my friend snuck in a tape player and recorded it lol they opened for Poison...

Yeah, looking forward to the show. Seen them with Ripper down here at a small place and they were good, but to see Halford back in fold will be special. Seen them on the 'Painkiller' tour and they were awesome as always. Looking forward to Ryche playing some old tunes too. I hope they do 'Queen of the Ryche'! I'll let ya know how it goes.

Saw Tesla in May 2004 and they were amazing. Wanted to see them this year but something came up when they rolled through Jersey.

Saw Def Lep summer of 03. Was a good show, they played some High N Dry stuff which ruled. They need to re-visit the first album though. I will give anything to hear "Wasted".

Saw Queensryche and Priest last week... amazing show from both bands. Queensryche is playing stuff that you will probably never see them do again like "Queen of the Reich", "Nightrider", "Blinded", all because they need to fit in to be with Priest. Out on their own it's uaully the amazing Operation MINDcrime and Empire stuff and then the boring stuff that followed with only a song or two from Warning and Rage For Order which usually consists of "NM 156" and "Screaming In Digital". This year they are out there playing "En Force", "Walk In The Shadows", "Neue Regel", and "Surgical Strike". Awesome stuff. Priests set list is great. The new songs went over real well, seems like I've known them for years. "Exciter" and "Painkiller" are being played back to back which is just amazing.

This is a good summer for metal.