DEF LEPPARD - Rock of Ages - you buyin?

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Is anybody else excited about the new Def Leppard 2cd best of? I imagine it will be a lot like the VH and Motley best of sets...Def Leppard have some AWESOME early songs but in my opinion they kind of suck after hysteria...but songs like Me and My Wine and Bringin' on the Heartbreak rock my world! I will probably have to fork out some dough and get it since I don't have any Lep cd's....

sixxswine said:
I'm not excited about it, but they are one of those bands that I only own 2-3 records from & one being The Vault... I'll trade that in & get the new collection...
Their version of No Matter What kicks...
Beat me to the comment Swine that Badfinger cover is quite good. Maybe it's
a positive sign maybe they'll get back to their roots sound and that is plain good
old fashion rock n roll! (keeping fingers crossed)

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I only liked them from their debut until Pyromania.. anything after Pyromania wasnt worth it..

I couldn't had expressed more directly :D

:err: you mean nobody liked their last studio album.... or that "Slang" album with the "cutesie" video to go along with it :loco:

Ah heck... I like DL, Including their 80's stuff not just the first 2... even though I never replaced my casettes... it's no priority though...I might get this, if it's on sale!

tedvanfrehley said:
Is anybody else excited about the new Def Leppard 2cd best of?

Man.. I haven't been excited about Def Leppard since 1992 when they laid the Adrenalize turd.

KMADD said:
Beat me to the comment Swine that Badfinger cover is quite good. Maybe it's
a positive sign maybe they'll get back to their roots sound and that is plain good
old fashion rock n roll! (keeping fingers crossed)
I have my doubts. If the single they released to radio were an original track, I would have hope. They are tour with Bryan Adams people!:tickled:
The track is very good & look forward to cranking it in the car in the morning!

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Everytime i see that chinese man's face and your funny comments i can't help but laugh hysterically lol ... :tickled:
:D Glad to be of service... although it is about time to switch up the ol' avatar.

I won't be getting this as I have the first three albums and that's all I need. Hysteria was a let down. I really think Pete Willis made that band rock. When he quit/kicked out or whatever they totally changed styles IMO. I think most of Pyromania was written before he got the boot if I remember the story right. Anyway, I did read an interview where Phil Collen said they were going to revisit some of the earier tunes on this tour, even the first two albums. Kind of hard to believe when they are going out with Bryan Adams? WTF. I'm just glad they are coming through Tampa with Tesla. Maybe playing with them will knock some sense into Def Leppard. They need to get away from the bubblegum pop they have become. Straight up Rock and Roll, back to thier roots. Wow, I just realized 'On through the Night' is 25 years old. Holy Shit! :OMG:

I liked Hysteria. I know it's a bit overblown and was way too popular, but it's a good album. That said, I can't stand Pour Some Sugar on Me... probably just from way too much airplay (and from being on too many VH1 Top 100 countdowns).

SavaRon said:
Kind of hard to believe when they are going out with Bryan Adams?
Says you... A match made in bubblegum heaven...
SavaRon said:
I'm just glad they are coming through Tampa with Tesla. Maybe playing with them will knock some sense into Def Leppard. They need to get away from the bubblegum pop they have become. Straight up Rock and Roll, back to thier roots. Wow, I just realized 'On through the Night' is 25 years old. Holy Shit!

Don't pass up Tesla! They are truely one of the few bands that still has the energy of thei early days...
Just look at the list of their contemporaries that don't....
Motley Crue:erk:
Poison:ill:
Dokkeno_O
Jackyl:yell:
Ratt:tickled:
the list is endless!

sixxswine said:
Says you... A match made in bubblegum heaven...!

Yeah, nowadays! I was commenting on them playing older material. I don't see them doing that in front of a Bryan Adams crowd but who knows. Hopefully it will be a little bit different set when they come through here with Tesla!

sixxswine said:
Don't pass up Tesla! They are truely one of the few bands that still has the energy of thei early days...
Just look at the list of their contemporaries that don't....
Motley Crue:erk:
Poison:ill:
Dokkeno_O
Jackyl:yell:
Ratt:tickled:
the list is endless!

Well, we seen Motley Crue this year and they were very, very good. Second show of the tour. Vince even sang most of the words! :D
Seen Dokken last year and they were good also. I was surprised because I heard bad things about (him)them lately. Enjoyed the show alot.
Haven't seen Ratt, who the hell is in that band anymore? Bobby Blotzer and Juan whatever his name is? How the hell do you keep the name with just the drummer and bass player still in the band? Seen Stephen Pearcy a few years ago solo and he sounded pretty good then. I will probably be seeing him again with WASP in July.