TesseracT - Concealing Fate

I'm sure Joey could put out something awesome working with any of these bands, but really, it would be nice if ANYBODY who really knows what they're doing and consistently puts out great sounding stuff could work with one of these bands. I would love to hear Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, After The Burial, Periphery, Tesseract, etc. put out a pro sounding modern metal album without any blatant flaws dragging the mix down. I like all of these bands, but the mixes are always disappointing.

I'm mixing the next After The Burial now. Do you think that'll work? ;)

Also, it seems like quite a few of them are buying the Axe-FX as a status symbol. They see their peers and musicians they look up to (who may not know anything at all about mixing/production) using things like the Axe-FX, and so they think they must have the same gear to be taken seriously or be considered part of the same clique...

Well, it's still cheaper than a couple of refrigerators of rack units and the quality is close enough, and you can play/record in the middle of the night. I think that's the issue. They hear "awesome sound" just like everybody here wants a 5150/Recto+Mesa cab. People are probably laughing at this forum too. It's back to matter of taste.

After listening to this, I must say that the music and the singer have grown on me a lot more. God dam im looking forward to the album.

i rocked this in the studio for a fair while yesterday and i fucking think it sounds AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG.

the seperation and low end is fantastic. wasn't too impressed on my desktop speakers which i use to listen to 90% of my music...

but A7's + Sub = TESSERACT heaven

I like Tesseract quite a bit.

Mix-wise.. yeah.. it's okay. Nothing that blows my brains out. Personally I think it's the drums that let it down. Too much compression, and the drums are way too tight for the style - imho.

And DIY doesn't need to mean using superior and a fucking axe-fx.

Imo, there is no life in the drums. I quite like the guitars. Got a nice dark flavour to them.

The distorted guitars sound pretty horrendous to me... undergained, kinda fuzzy/scratchy... sounds like stock ibanez pickups into a POD with no tweaking...

The clean guitars sound nice though.

Glad Acle's doing so well. Was on a label with FellSilent back in the day.
AWESOME guys