TesseracT Recording @ London Sphere Studios (Neve 72 track!!!)

Neve VR = crackling, scratchy, dirty eq's. Sounds killer if you dump a can of Contact ReNu and Lube in them beforehand...

Neve VR = crackling, scratchy, dirty eq's. Sounds killer if you dump a can of Contact ReNu and Lube in them beforehand...

Hey man, where might I be able to see your discography?

And to Acle, congrats! Keep up the good work! I remember hearing your very first Powerball clips a couple years back on the Harmony-Central forums.

A shuggah support would be awesome, they'd blow us off stage every night - but we'd fucking learn a shed load off em!!!

I think you've learnt more than enough from them already.. if you catch my drift...

But.. a band playing truncated or re worked Meshuggah riffs, opening for Meshuggah would be... interesting.

I think you've learnt more than enough from them already.. if you catch my drift...

But.. a band playing truncated or re worked Meshuggah riffs, opening for Meshuggah would be... interesting.

haha:lol:

there is nothing wrong with wearing your influences upon your sleeve hey! I realise that this song sounds like a dumbed down mesh riff, but when you hear the rest of the album you'll see its a one off riff, and in fact meshuggah is where we start our journey and where we end up is somewhere else entirely.

So sir, are you accusing us of plagerising Meshuggah, surely that riff is Stuck Mojo?:p

Your Guitar Sound.....give it to me...now...

I can't remeber if those were the guides we did before, or the re-done guides. The original guides were mesa dual, neumann k summit or other, and I believe an avalon, Acle is as picky as me about gear!

The guides we did in the studio were...AMP FARM...yuk, but still when you turn it up to 80db or so everything rocks! haha - oh with an api before tools, which really works on punchy impulsive stuff.

When we finish the track off we will throw them amp farm in the bin, and the final takes will be both guitarists live, through a mixture of a diezel herbert, engl powerball, and dual mesa, possibly a triple as the room is big enough.

BTW guys the tama drumkit is awesome but if you are getting one like a lot of kids these days, buy a ludwig snare instead!.

Thanx for the reply. Moose!

I was meaning the guitar tone in Acle original Sunrise recording However that stuff in the video is stillc crushing.. :saint: Just beautiful. I think Sunrise was with his powerball. Any chance you could get Acle to explain how he edits his drums in terms of velocity. He is pretty busy so I guess he wont have time.

enough of the thread hijacking.

I'll ask acle to reply to this.

Yes it was definately the powerball on the sunrise original demo. He'll have to tell you what was before the preamp as I dont believe it was the TC, the powerball cant handle anything that steps up that much voltage, much like the pods, but the mesa could handle a rhino through the front.

Shit!

Cheers peeps :D

The original guides on the video are from my pod xt actually with the TC pre infront of it to tighten it up. Works wonders in front of the POD and Mesa but not so well infront of the Engl.

Yup just the Powerball on the old version with a Boss geq7 pedal which i still use with it now. Does the trick!

As for the velocities its all hard random hits, except for fills and rolls. Occasionally i have some velocities on the kick as it can give it alot more groove.

Like Dun duDUn could be 127 110 127.

You guys are making fun of my n00bness...:mad:

Nah. I look foward to this stuff coming out. Who is like mixing it. You Acle?

Will it be available in the Land Down Under. :)

You guys are making fun of my n00bness...:mad:

Nah. I look foward to this stuff coming out. Who is like mixing it. You Acle?

Will it be available in the Land Down Under. :)

dude we ain't I promise:saint:

I just dont want acle giving away the code of the dun, or duhn, or djent, or djun, all chug note lengths and accents that we come up with to replace writing shit down:)

Damn I just gave it away.

hahah it's all good. I will learn this shiznit eventually. But not being a drummer doesnt help...Maybe I should pay Acle to do my drum tracks... :Smug: hahahahha:heh:

BUMP :headbang:

I'm sure he'd be pleased to do that!

One birrion dorrar per track, we need some cash to do the album in a fat studio.

Its more to do with your sampler and or editor. Using dfhs for the demo's ourselves means that you can program the sampler to choose randomly one of the 20 or so hard hits giving it a natural sound, in pro tools you can rondomise SLIGHTLY the velocity levels, using the editors in Logic you can do a similar thing, I'm sorry I havent used Logic for about 8 months so I have totally forgotten, it uses colours I think, which can be quite easily randomised withhin a tolerance range, say 100 - 127. The important thing to remeber is a little goes a very very long way, especially when like most of us you squish it into a square wave at the end, meaning the tone of the hit becomes your groove element.

Kicks are really important, by making a note 10% quieter than the following one you can kind of speed the riff up whilst still being in time, its just enough to push it, although the note has to quite soon after. Also making the first note of each phrase the very strongest can help, sometimes doubling it can help too, although this will raise your output by about 3db so watch it.

Things like the above example of changing velocities preceeding main notes can really add swing whilst still keeping it solid.

There is a good book, that although is very techy at times does show you classic examples of midi editing to make realistic drums, and yes it is entirely possible to do so, its called the MIDI files by somebody YOUNG, I'm sorry its in a cupboard somewhere, and thats all I can remeber, but it is very good.

I'll be quiet now

Thanx for that Moose. Im using DFHS2 and Cubase. I hated Pro tools for midi editing. I've got all the features on etc but just need to learn how to master velocity changes as obviously a drummer doesnt strike at the same level with 100% accuracy everytime, unless he is god. I'm happy with the sound of the kit. Just still sounds like a machine. And it would considering everything is at 111.

Does Acle accept Western Union cheques from Nigeria? I have buisness assosciate? Dr Clement Okon. :Smug: :lol:

I would love to be in your shoes in that studio and the sound is incredible. Are you guys a Meshuggah tribute band? Nice job. The djent is absolutely perfect.

I would love to be in your shoes in that studio and the sound is incredible. Are you guys a Meshuggah tribute band? Nice job. The djent is absolutely perfect.

I suppose we should get used to being likened to meshuggah hey:lol: To be fair it's what brought us guys together, then things like pink floyd then bands like textures, tool and the like so I am happy to be seen following that path.

But I reckon the album will suprise all of you, very different, and original, but then again I would say that wouldn't I:p