Test Master For Upcoming EP

I agree on the working on the mix comment. I have never had anything mastered before, so I wanted to see how close I was to done mixing. I couldn't tell last night since I had just gotten home from practice (ears were shot).

Any suggestions as to the what to correct in the mix?

Im not a pro, but perhaps some reverb/delay on the vocals. They sound really dry. I like the song btw.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll have to listen to this with headphones. I'm not hearing the bass drum on one side thing, but it definitely wasn't intentionally that way in the mix.

I'll have to experiment with the vox, thanks for the suggestion. I'm glad you liked the song.

Does anyone else feel like the mix is bass heavy? That and maybe guitars up slight, or is that an EQ issue?

I am listening to this on head phones right now...WTF!!! I can't believe I didn't notice this when listening on my computer speakers, it's really obviously bad! How could the drums be on one side?!?!? Could this be an M-S error in mastering? I had the snare panned roughly 11-14% right and kick centered when mixing.

So I went back and listened to my mix and I think it sounds a little better than the mastered version. I think he tried to go too loud and squashed the hell out of everything.

The interesting thing is the kick does sound like it is favoring the left side at the beginning and the right the rest of the way in the unmastered version (I never noticed it before). It sounds like he flipped the stereo image to hear the drums from the drummers perspective (he is a drummer).

Since the kick drum track is mono, and panned to center, how could the kick sound off center?

I'll check that when I get home. I also think I'm going to post the unmastered mix to see if any of you can steer me in the right direction. I thought the mix was decent until I heard the master. I've got a lot to learn!

I've added the unmastered version to the original post. Anyone have any sugesstions for improving the mix? Also does it sound like the kick is off center in the unmastered version?