Testament = Amazing

MikeEckman

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2006
Chicago Heights, IL
Wow... :OMG::OMG::OMG:

Seriously, thats about all I can say. I don't believe I have ever seen a show with a band with that much energy, so tight, and so on top of their game. For a group of guys in their 40s, they absolutely stole the weekend. Im sorry Iced Earth, you guys were great, but Testament absolutely took every expectation I could have had and threw it out of the venue.

Chuck was smiling through the whole show, Alex just shredded, Paul Bostaph handled the drums as good as any drummer they could have had.

Their setlist had an awesome variety. I was thrilled to hear the old classics, and some of the 90s stuff like Low and Trail of Tears.

Amazing. just amazing. Thank you everyone who put this one. This was a very special night for me!!!! :headbang:

I completely agree. It was absolutely an amazing set... Crammed with energy and played to perfection by some of the best musicians in metal. The crowd was so into it... I had to move to the back it was getting so insane up front.

One of the best metal performances I've ever seen, hands down. Thank you Powerfest.

That set was a clinic on why it's called HEAVY metal. It made me want to sit young-uns like Arise and Ruin down, smack them in the head, and say THAT'S how you make something heavy! Take notes, boys.

Ken

That set was a clinic on why it's called HEAVY metal. It made me want to sit young-uns like Arise and Ruin down, smack them in the head, and say THAT'S how you make something heavy! Take notes, boys.

Ken

I couldnt have said it better myself. There were these two hardcore kids there last night haning out by the merch tables goofing on Testament. sad.

it was fucking awesome. alone in the dark was the highlight of the night. and for some reason i thought they were not going to play apocalyptic city, so when they played it, i went nuts.

It was definitely an amazing show. I think that was the biggest crowd that I have seen at the Pearl Room. Here is the set list if anyone is interested.

01. Over The Wall
02. Into The Pit
03. Apocalyptic City
04. Practice What You Preach
05. The New Order
06. Electric Crown
07. More Than Meets The Eye
08. Low
09. Trail Of Tears
10. Henchmen Ride
11. Souls Of Black
12. The Evil Has Landed
13. The Preacher

14. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
15. Three Days In Darkness
16. Alone In The Dark
17. Disciples Of The Watch

Set Time: 11.00-12.40

Lineup:
Vocals: Chuck Billy
Guitar: Alex Skolnick
Guitar: Eric Peterson
Bass: Greg Christian
Drums: Paul Bostaph

I thought they were great and I was sad that I had to leave early due to train schedule. Another thing that irritated me was that I was supposed to be taking photos, I couldnt because the dickhead secutiry guard said only 4 people taking photos at a time during the first 3 songs. Even though the previous two nights I stayed in front of the barricade rocking out and taking mad photos. I killed the life on a set of batteries each night except Saturday.

/rant

But yeah Testament fucking slayed and look for an interview with Chuck on Metal-Temple.com soon!!

I would normally agree about security, but with that crowd they had thier hands full. It was so damn crowded and full of morons. There was close to so many fights due to drinking and low intellegence.

I would normally agree about security, but with that crowd they had thier hands full. It was so damn crowded and full of morons. There was close to so many fights due to drinking and low intellegence.

Haha yeah, we saw a good deal of those while waiting for Testament.

The worst part was everybody slamming up against the barricades when Slayer came on the speakers before Iced Earth. Holy hell. But yeah, that's the problem you face - the bigger a fest (or a band) gets, the more idiots you wind up with. The price you pay.

the security on Saturday was ridiculous going into the pearl room.
I had a digital camera that i had taken with me on friday no questions asked. so that night the security guy organizing the lines told me i could not go in with the camera.

Im like WTF!? I was in there last night with it, ntm Chris and every1 else said it was ok so why in the fuck now?
My parents were going to Medieval fucking Times, there was no way i could hand it off to them.

After most of the line in front defended me they let me off with an instant throwing out warning. GAY

anyway it was a great night.....BTW i was the "pizza guy" ill post a pic soon.:kickass:

The worst part was everybody slamming up against the barricades when Slayer came on the speakers before Iced Earth. Holy hell. But yeah, that's the problem you face - the bigger a fest (or a band) gets, the more idiots you wind up with. The price you pay.

very true..the best by AngelofMadness and Epps1, was this drunk guy thinking someone was trying to steal his wallet. He was getting crazy yelling at everyone. he was yelling at anyone who walking in front of him. This is the biggest issue with having huge bands play. It got annoying with everyone to pushing trying to get back and forth to the pit and stuff.

First time seeing Testament, unreal! I don't think I can add anything else to this thread that hasn't already been said, one of the best performances I've ever seen by a metal band for sure.

the security on Saturday was ridiculous going into the pearl room.
I had a digital camera that i had taken with me on friday no questions asked. so that night the security guy organizing the lines told me i could not go in with the camera.

Im like WTF!? I was in there last night with it, ntm Chris and every1 else said it was ok so why in the fuck now?
My parents were going to Medieval fucking Times, there was no way i could hand it off to them.

After most of the line in front defended me they let me off with an instant throwing out warning. GAY

anyway it was a great night.....BTW i was the "pizza guy" ill post a pic soon.:kickass:

Yeah I heard a couple of people had issues with cameras that night, not sure why since the day before they were ok.

S3000062.jpg

will and i were up in the vip balcony to the right of the stage and ... seeing that insanity from above ... holy shit. all we saw of the front half of the floor was a mass of heads and arms in a sea of black t-shirts :lol: there was literally NO space between ANYONE. i don't think i've ever seen more energy and passion from a crowd, and then the band giving it all right back - damn. fucking incredible show.